Working on Holistic Wellbeing

Options
Hey everyone! Putting this out there as a means of accountability for myself, and I am more than happy if anyone wants accountability from me too! I know I am my best self if I pay attention to the body, mind, and soul. My goal is to start working out on mornings and also find ways to eat more mindfully.

I am an integrative therapist and know I have been neglecting my own wellbeing! (Any others in a "helping" profession? Sometimes we can be the biggest hypocrites guiding others and neglecting ourselves 🤣🤣)

I'm trying to create a structure for myself and I think having support buddies who I know can see my update posts and provide encouragement and I can do the same for them would help immensely.

Really hope to find that sense of community here!!

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,685 Member
    Options
    Lol, as a trainer I work with everyone meeting their potential, but many times I'll short change mine. It's why I'll work out with someone else so I get the push I need as well.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • SafariGalNYC
    SafariGalNYC Posts: 997 Member
    edited July 2023
    Options
    I’m not in a helping profession per se but I manage a large staff and when you are helping others engage and navigate.. it can be draining. Holistic well being is a priority for me, it’s something i have to be better at.

Timely that you posted this!

• SPBS136
    SPBS136 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I’m not in a helping profession per se but I manage a large staff and when you are helping others engage and navigate.. it can be draining. Holistic well being is a priority for me, it’s something i have to be better at.

Timely that you posted this!

Yes! It can become draining and can impact motivation for taking care of self.
  • SPBS136
    SPBS136 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Lol, as a trainer I work with everyone meeting their potential, but many times I'll short change mine. It's why I'll work out with someone else so I get the push I need as well.

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yeah this time it's been hard to get back on the wagon, hoping this community helps
  • julesabraham810
    julesabraham810 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve been on a slow and steady crawl towards holistic wellness for about 3 years. I feel accomplished that many personal goals both financial and in life management have been met, but my physical health has not had the attention I want to give it.
    Similar to another poster, I manage a large team, and have a beautiful family that takes a lot of attention which has taken a lot of energy.
    Looking forward to monitoring my physical health again, it always makes life so much richer.
  • hessiondesign4
    hessiondesign4 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I had to make an effort to do something in the morning. A lot of the times it ends up being 'just' a 20 min yoga session, either on TV/ online or doing my own, sometimes I dust off an old exercise dvd....anything so I know if my day goes haywire at least I've "done something". It took a lot of the pressure off. Many nights I do a walk or some other steady state cardio, after supper. Adding both these easy things made a big difference in my attitude, not always the scale but I'm fighting menopause hormone things... a lot of times I've found that the "doing something" in the morning leads to me wanting to do other activity throughout the day. :smile:)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,773 Member
    Options
    SPBS136 wrote: »
    ninerbuff wrote: »

IDEA Fitness member

9285851.png

Yeah this time it's been hard to get back on the wagon, hoping this community helps

Some smart person here (not me) said that there is no wagon, so we can't fall off.

There's just life. Life is made up of time. Time's going to pass, no matter what. Our choice is how to spend the time.

For many of us fortunate developed-world folks with reasonably adequate resources and no guys with machetes on the street seeking to whack people with "incorrect beliefs", we have major control over many of the ways we spend our time. We're lucky.