Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Improve Quick Add Feature

Options
neishafuller
neishafuller Posts: 1 Member
I think that you should be able to add everything to quick add like you can when you add a food, like fiber, sugars etc.
10 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Rena_Archer
    Rena_Archer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I also would like the ability to name the quick add as well. Thank you!
  • mkennedy2574
    mkennedy2574 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I found if a friend adds a quick meal, you cN save it with a name. Then the friend connects back to you and saves it with a name
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,796 Member
    Options
    If you want to name or add nutrients, add the thing as a custom food rather than a quick add. You can name foods and add nutrients to them, then log them by name.
  • FuzzyGunna
    FuzzyGunna Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I also would like the ability to name the quick add as well. Thank you!

So much this. I've searched and seen a lot of posts about wanting to name quick adds, but it always gets routed to entering it somewhere else or some way else. That defeats the purpose as it's not "quick". Here's an example, last week I'm out to lunch for a work thing and there's no calories on the menu (common occurrence) and it's a local place so it's not in the database. I already have to take the time to google and estimate the calories that I'm intaking, I don't want to have to go to another screen and "build" something. I need to name my quick add so I can go back and see where I did good and where I did bad and what I actually had and make sure I estimated correctly.

Similar to this, it would be great if you could then look at all of your quick adds over a period of time as these moments where you have to make decisions on the fly is many times where the war is won and lost.