Thoughts on the Jawbone Up bracelet

Options
Anyone been following this? Supposedly it will finally be released this week ... are you going to get one ... why or why not?

Replies

• Flessica
    Flessica Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    What is it? Is it made from a real jawbone? If so, I don't think I'll get one.
  • melbaby925
    Options
    Oh - this looks interesting! I have a bodybugg, but my headset is from Jawbone - love those guys. I'm sure this will be a cool addition to their catalog, but no, I'm not going to get one. I try not to ever get the first release of anything - there are always issues that need to be worked out!
  • laughingdani
    laughingdani Posts: 2,275 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting....

http://gizmodo.com/5820983/jawbones-up-bracelet-will-track-your-body-as-it-sleeps-eats-or-sits-around-getting-fat

This is the first time I've heard of it.

I might get one. Depends on how expensive it is.
  • elijackson
    Options
    They still haven't been released and there is no update (that I can find) on when they are coming. I want one SO BADLY! My sleep is awful and I've been trying to find a real way to track it and this device sounds way too awesome to pass up. If anyone has any updates on when it's coming, please let me know!

I signed up at their website to get updates too, but I haven't heard a peep.
  • Supercatie80
    Supercatie80 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy one of these if I were you. They are canceling pending orders, and refunding customers.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/08/jawbone-cancels-all-pending-up-orders-refunds-unhappy-owners-even-if-they-keep-it/
  • jewels68
    jewels68 Posts: 89
    Options
    I got one as a gift. I have never had any troubles. But if I do at least I know I can get a refund.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't buy one of these if I were you. They are canceling pending orders, and refunding customers.

http://techcrunch.com/2011/12/08/jawbone-cancels-all-pending-up-orders-refunds-unhappy-owners-even-if-they-keep-it/

That just sounds like a reason to feel safe giving it a test drive. Jawbone is a great company with great service, even though they seemed to screw up pretty royally on this one.
  • jesusHchris
    jesusHchris Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    They still haven't been released and there is no update (that I can find) on when they are coming. I want one SO BADLY! My sleep is awful and I've been trying to find a real way to track it and this device sounds way too awesome to pass up. If anyone has any updates on when it's coming, please let me know!

I signed up at their website to get updates too, but I haven't heard a peep.

There are apps for iPhone / Android that do this very well for less than $5. You just place the phone on the edge of your bed and they track movement patterns to make a pretty good guess at how deeply you are sleeping and how many times you wake up.