Thanksgiving in 2 weeks D:

Options
How will you go about that day?

If you have a family get-together, will you just consider it a cheat meal ? It just hit me today how much I love Thanksgiving food and how high calorie it will be.

Replies

• Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    thought Thanksgiving was in Nov...
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options

That's very American of you.
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

Oh, she's not from US, that makes sense now.
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    How will you go about that day?

If you have a family get-together, will you just consider it a cheat meal ? It just hit me today how much I love Thanksgiving food and how high calorie it will be.

Luckily i decided to take over Thanksgiving starting last year....I make a lot of different options, healthy, traditional and try portioning...:)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Canadian Thanksgiving is on the second weekend in October.
  • kendf60
    kendf60 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    It's a cheat day for me, however, I try to be better about portion control than I was in the past!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Cheat day...and the next day, back on it!
  • cmsu64113
    cmsu64113 Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I pig the heck out lol! but never manage more then two plates and im stuffed :( so I never really go over.
  • avaloneternal
    Options
    Last year I ran a half marathon on Thanksgiving so I had no guilt about what I ate. Are you able to get in a good cardio workout so you can enjoy without too much guilt. One meal is not going to make or break the progress you have made. I love your comment about "How American of you" hahaha
  • sabified
    sabified Posts: 1,051 Member
    Options

That's very American of you.

Agreed!

It will definitely be a cheat day for me, though I'm absolutely going to try to portion control!
  • vettle
    vettle Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty excited. I love Thanksgiving and I love making everything for everyone. But I will just make better choices this year. My turkey won't be full of butter. I'll have a little bit of stuffing (that I make from scratch so it's healthy), cranberry sauce from scratch so not so much sugar, a small bun and roasted squash and asparagus! Thanksgiving doesn't have to be a splurge day.

Cheat meals don't work if you eat 1500 calories extra in cheating, you're just setting yourself back. Cheating needs to be about 300 extra calories here and there to rev up the metabolism.
  • shauna121211
    shauna121211 Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Well I'm an American living in Australia, so technically I could just ignore the holiday completely, but where's the fun in that!? I plan on hosting a huge Thanksgiving feast and gaining about 3 lbs by eating everything in site. It's only one day! :P
  • cdngirl71
    cdngirl71 Posts: 2,707 Member
    Options
    It is a cheat day well cheat meal for me, LOL. I love my turkey, mashed potatoes with gravy, mmmmmm gravy, ha ha.
  • BackToPreBaby
    Options
    last year i made sweet potato pie with splenda and sugar free syrup, candied sweet potatoes with sugar free syrup, and brought my own fixin's so that i could eat and not worry :)
  • kronos288
    Options
    Yes I just realized yesterday that it was in two weeks bah!! I sympathize with you, and must let you know that I will personally not write it off as a cheat day :( Although I should because I never have cheat days bah!
  • darrcn5
    darrcn5 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    OP, I eat anything and everything I want on the actual holiday. But I will not take leftovers unless they are somewhat good for me.
  • bjs06
    bjs06 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I won't be with my family for thanksgiving so I will probably just ignore the holiday. If i do end up somewhere to celebrate, I wont treat it as a cheat day just not eat so much earlier and control my portions - no dessert and we're all good. It's not like thanksgiving dinner is a pizza party or something, it can be healthy! haha.
  • xyzena
    xyzena Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well since I'm a vegetarian to begin with I don't eat turkey. I think I'll just focus on salad and vegetables, a scoop or two of potatoes. Whatever you do STAY AWAY from the stuffing, no matter how delicious it looks. </3
  • pork_belly
    Options
    I just keep away from the stuffing, pasta, rice and eat as low carb as I can. Holidays aren't a problem since there is usually enough vegetables, and meat dishes around. I might make Thanksgiving day a cheat day if I decide to have pumpkin pie. Either way its not a problem since I do give myself one cheat day a week and don't take it most of the time.
  • Randynorthridge
    Options
    It's Thanksgiving! Eat what you want! Enjoy your family and your meal. Just remember the golden rule "you bite it, you write it".

I can already smell the stuffing :smile: