Hello, I'm new...

Options
HEY! My name is Meredith, I'm 23 yrs old. I have been over weight my ENTIRE life & I am ready to start doing something about it!! I just hope this website can help me monitor my calorie/fat intake. I also hope to find some encouragement here, seems this is def not my first try at losing weight.

If anyone has any tips on how to get the most out of this website, please let me know. Like I said, I'm new here & I don't really know how it all works. :)

Thanks & I look forward to meeting new ppl here & helping encourage you as well!!

<3

Replies

• whydonttheywrite
    Options
    Hi Meredith,

I wish you the best of luck, I've found this website the most helpful thing ever for losing weight, it lets me continuously see that I'm not the only one in the world struggling with weight. We can all use motivation from others, feel free to add me if you'd like and good luck I'm sure you'll enjoy MyFitnessPal...Tim
  • psmd
    psmd Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    Good job for signing up! I started a couple of months ago and I love it! To get the most out of it, use it every single day! Log in all your food, even if it's a "bad" day, it helps to go back and look at it and see where you went wrong and can improve. You'll start to see after a while that exercising will let you a little more. I think the "community" tab is great and it's really helpful to see how other people are doing, and if they can do it you can too! You can definitely add me as a friend if you want. Good luck!!!
  • MWaters_79
    Options
    Thank you both!! Already I am really liking this website!! I like that I can track my food intake, and that it actually has a LOT of foods already listed on here so I don't have to do much work when logging it. :) & I think I'm really going to like the forums & having normal, everyday people who are going through the same things to chat to!!
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    Hi!! My name is Shannon...Welcome to the site!! Tracking my calories and having these message boards has really helped!! Good luck with the beginning of your journey and feel free to ask any questions you may have :)
  • MWaters_79
    Options
    Thank you, Shannon!! :)
  • kaylinb
    Options
    hello!
    i started using this site not only too keep my weight in check, but also to make sure I'm getting enough protein in my diet. I've been a vegetarian since i was 16 years old (I'm 20 now) and i can sometimes tell when i'm getting low on the protein side. Now with this site i can know exactly how much i have or don't. I wish you the best! :)
  • MWaters_79
    Options
    Thank you!! Yeah, I like that it lets you know how much of everything you should be consuming. I'm hoping that will be a lot of help!!

Good luck to you as well. :)