Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge - Term 46 - 8-Week Challenge (August 11th - October 8th)

Options
Neon_Vampire
Neon_Vampire Posts: 7,203 Member
Hello, everyone. We'd like to invite you to join term 46 of the Hogwarts Weight Loss Challenge. Here is the information as well as the application below!

Term 46 will be an 8-week term based on Half-Blood Prince. The term will run from Friday, August 11th (with full activities beginning on the Monday afterwards) through Sunday, October 8th. Students will also have a few days into the term to submit their starting weigh-in.

Owls with the acceptance or wait list notification should go out on Monday, August 7th and Tuesday, August 8th.

*** If you do NOT join by 11:59 pm ET on Thursday, August 10th or respond to the prefect who contacted you, then your spot will be given to someone else. ***  

45f6b40b163315d62792c69590b0daa0_706x397.jpeg?t=1637389688

Feel free to contact a member of the staff with any questions. You may also contact @Maalea or @Neon_Vampire (Hogwarts’ Headmistresses) to confirm that your application was received.

We hope to see many of you join us for Term 46. :)

Sincerely,
Maalea and Neon_Vampire
(Headmistresses)

Replies

• Maalea
    Maalea Posts: 16,142 Member
    Options
    :D
    I am enjoying the break, but I am already looking forward to the next term!
  • filmgal30
    filmgal30 Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    I know Term 46-Hogwarts Challenge will be fun with the Half Blood Prince theme and it will be here before you know it. Nice to have a fun structure for fitness!
  • Des_Sommers
    Des_Sommers Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Signed up! New here! Not sure what I’m getting myself into but from the google doc it looks fun! Do we need to have our diaries public in order for the tasks and stuff to be tracked? Or do we keep track of accountability in a thread somewhere?
  • Maalea
    Options
    swg2g8vfs6 wrote: »
    Signed up! New here! Not sure what I’m getting myself into but from the google doc it looks fun! Do we need to have our diaries public in order for the tasks and stuff to be tracked? Or do we keep track of accountability in a thread somewhere?
    Welcome!
    You can keep your diary private. :) You will be invited to two groups, the main Castle and your House's Common Room. In the Castle group there will be threads for the different tasks, where you post when you finished an assignment and claim your points. The staff will tally the points you earned in a spreadsheet.
    In your Common Room you can chat with your House mates, strategy for the group events, and so on.
  • Douglas3615
    Douglas3615 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I hope I am accepted into the HOGWARTS WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!♡♡

SO EXCITED!!!!
  • Maalea
    Options
    I hope I am accepted into the HOGWARTS WEIGHT LOSS CHALLENGE!♡♡

SO EXCITED!!!!

Please fill out the application here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfOPtyXdz8SQ1i7Gb72kuV6F91WbNCDpV3l1DQU8XQhJf9NKw/viewform?usp=sf_link
    You can give your house preferences there, and some additional information to help us balance the houses.
  • Kisame29
    Kisame29 Posts: 9,596 Member
    Options
    Excited for the challenge to start again!
  • 1AncientSage
    1AncientSage Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I joined
  • Kisame29
    Options
    I joined

Yay :)

And if anyone else still wants to join, just submit an application and one of us will be in contact with you. The challenge begins on Monday!
  • mkksemail
    mkksemail Posts: 1,182 Member
    Options
    @ptitejeanne , check here - maybe your application wasn't received ✨

- mk :)
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    @ptitejeanne Hi! We did receive your application and sent an owl your way but it may have gotten lost on route, or stopped for a snack. ;) I just sent an email to you with a copy of your owl so that you can join your common room and castle but if you don't receive it or have any trouble accessing the groups just let me know!
  • rebecca2431
    rebecca2431 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I just submitted the Google doc. Totally understand if it's too late!
  • ptitejeanne
    ptitejeanne Posts: 1,524 Member
    Options
    @ptitejeanne Hi! We did receive your application and sent an owl your way but it may have gotten lost on route, or stopped for a snack. ;) I just sent an email to you with a copy of your owl so that you can join your common room and castle but if you don't receive it or have any trouble accessing the groups just let me know!
    mkksemail wrote:
    @ptitejeanne , check here - maybe your application wasn't received ✨

- mk :)

Yay!!
    Yes! An owl came by.
    I’m in the house of Gryffindor
    Thank you!!!!
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    I just submitted the Google doc. Totally understand if it's too late!
    It's not too late! We have a few long-distance owls that are still making their way to our initial applicants, but we have our second batch of owls waiting to fly, so we'll get you sorted into a house within the next few days before the term officially begins. :)
  • Michimara999
    Michimara999 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I hope my application was received. i submitted the googledoc yesterday, but maybe it was too late?
  • Neon_Vampire
    Options
    Skywind999 wrote: »
    I hope my application was received. i submitted the googledoc yesterday, but maybe it was too late?

Hi, we did receive your application! The Sorting Hat is in the midst of placing all our new students, so you should be receiving friend requests from your house prefects sometime later today or tomorrow, and then they'll provide you with details to join your common room and the castle :)
  • Kisame29
    Options
    We've received 2 more applicants on 8/12/23 and those owls will be going out shortly. If you applied before 8/12, you should have gotten a message from someone about the challenge. If not, please contact @Neon_Vampire or myself (you will have to send me a friend request first since MFP doesn't seem to let me received or send messages to non-friends :'( I think @Neon_Vampire has better luck with receiving messages from anyone though. You can also send us both messages to be safe!)

Also anyone still interested, feel free to apply to join the challenge and come to Hogwarts with us B)
  • kyoung1908
    kyoung1908 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    Think I asked in the Hogsmeade group but are yall doing ghosts this term? I just signed up today
  • Kisame29
    Options
    kyoung1908 wrote: »
    Think I asked in the Hogsmeade group but are yall doing ghosts this term? I just signed up today

First, thank you for joining!

There are no ghosts right now. There were 2 types of ghosts (that I'm aware of) at various times in the challenge. The first were the ghosts that would become students once a spot opened, so the first 1-2 students on the wait list that were let into the castle. Since everyone gets in right away once I'm able to send them a message (no wait list), we do not have any of those ghosts. The other type of ghost is the type that just lurks in the castle groups and does not participate as a student at all during the term. We do not have any of those right now either. So at least for now, Hogwarts is only haunted by the Official ghosts like Nearly-Headless Nick and the Bloody Baron :p