Lunch ideas 💡

Options
Hi everyone ☺ New to MyFitnessPal and excited to go on the weight loss journey and hopefully make some friends. My question is what do people eat for lunch 🤔 I have always skipped lunch so any help is appreciated.

Replies

• noahroberts153
    noahroberts153 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken, greek yogurt, clementine and berries, and basmati rice! All very easy to prep and take wherever!
  • mlrtri
    mlrtri Posts: 425 Member
    Options
    I rarely ate lunch before, either. I just didn’t have time at work. So then when I got home I was so hungry things got out of hand.

I still don’t have time for a lunch break at work. So I do kind of like a charcuterie box I guess. Today I put in cucumber spears and sliced beets (veggies/fiber), olives and nuts (fat), hard boiled eggs and cheese (protein) and some blueberries (because they are just awesome for you). Most of the time I don’t eat it all at once. I snack on it as able. I change up the ingredients. I knew I needed something that would work or I would go back to my old habit. So far it works great. On occasion I bring leftover but the snack boxes work better for me.

My advise is to figure out something that you can keep up long term. Don’t over complicate things. I say this because this is a mistake I made previous attempts.

• malkinpurrs
    malkinpurrs Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt. Sandwich, leftovers from dinner
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Lately, turkey sandwiches on thin-sliced, low-cal bread. Today I had half a small salad from the store and half a sandwich. Sometimes I add baby carrots, pickles or cottage cheese with the sandwich. I also like rice cakes or Veggie Straws but I usually only do a half portion just to get my "chip" craving filled. Otherwise, I have leftovers from dinner. I always cook extra so there are leftovers.
  • lisacreagh25
    lisacreagh25 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone I really appreciate all your lunch idea's 😊