Kid movies that make you cry?

Options
Rewatched the Iron Giant today after ages of not seeing it, I forgot how much the ending gets to me! The Fox and the Hound is always a tear jerker for me too. How about you guys?

Replies

• RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    The Lion King - I have to fast-forward past the bit where Simba's dad dies :(
  • NostalgicDruid
    Options
    Aww, yeah. The Lion King is such a good movie!
  • jeffsgal105
    jeffsgal105 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Lizzy Maguire Movie made me cry when I watched it with my (then 10 year old) daughter
  • Helenatrandom
    Helenatrandom Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    The Little Drummer Boy
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Old Yeller
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    Toy Story 3 lol. My son took us to see it when he was home on leave a bit over a year ago. He plays and plays with his 6-yr-old sister when he is home, and the scene at the end when Andy plays with that little girl, then leaves, had me sobbing. The scene where he and his mom look at his empty room almost had me, then they added the little girl to the equation. :(
  • catwrangler
    catwrangler Posts: 918 Member
    Options
    Incredible Journey
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Old Yeller

My sister used to watch that at least twice a day. I haven't watched it since she lost her obsession with it, thank goodness.
  • creatureofchaos
    creatureofchaos Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Pretty much all of them. :)
  • EricMurano
    EricMurano Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    Up!!!

I was looking forward to putting my Plasma through its paces with this cartoon. At the very beginning they do a montage about him and his wife and how they can't have children and how she friggen DIES, leaving him alone.

Do kids like this movie after that frightening reminder that nothing in this world is forever?!
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Old Yeller

My sister used to watch that at least twice a day. I haven't watched it since she lost her obsession with it, thank goodness.
    I watched it once. My dad decided to show it about a week before he put my german shepard down when i was kid. Flat refuse to watch it ever again.
  • Nic620
    Nic620 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Awww just today watched Dumbo with my daughter. But I must admit these Disney movies get to me lol
  • JuniperT
    JuniperT Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Up & Meet The Robinson's...such awesome movies!
  • clarech82
    clarech82 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    The lion king used to get to me and I took my daughter to see toy story 3 when I was pregnant and for some reason the bit with the fire had me crying.
  • leilani♥
    Options
    Land before time
  • leilani♥
    Options
    OHH forgot about UP!
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    Crying doesn't happen for me with movies. My eyes begin to water at times. However, I remember getting watery eyes as a child with The Land Before Time. Poor litlle dino's.

Edit: Cool it makes other people feel the same too. lol
  • kr3851
    kr3851 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    Up!

And Tangled....
  • AZChatterB
    AZChatterB Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Glad others mentioned Up because I'm right there with the tissues for that one (actually, pretty much any Disney Pixar movie). :sad:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Old Yeller

I watched it once. My dad decided to show it about a week before he put my german shepard down when i was kid. Flat refuse to watch it ever again.

That wasn't nice! *grumble*