? for you 30 day shred people!

Options
I've been thinking about starting the 30 day shred within the next couple of weeks. My biggest question for anyone doing this is, do you do any other workouts in addition to this? I aim for an hour of cardio 5-6x a week and I enjoy it for the most part. It's made me very successful in my weight loss journey. I have done level 1 a few times in the past and I know it's TOUGH but I'm wondering how impossible it would be to keep my cardio in there, too.

Thanks for any input you have!

Replies

• hstallings13
    Options
    when I did it I did the video and also did an hour of walk/running every day
  • cocolo89
    cocolo89 Posts: 1,171 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I am doing 30DS as well and carido everyday. I'm on day 11 and so far i have seen huge changes. On top of 30DS i do 45mins of treadmill 6days a week, and some ab training like 2/3days a week. I noticed if i do the shred earlier in the day, i have more energy later on to do my carido. But if i do the shred later, i don't feel like doing anything else. LOL
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,343 Member
    Options
    Not impossible.... Back in January when I was Shredding, I would go to the gym after work and do an hour on the treadmill (3-mile run then finish the hour walking) plus a little on the bike and some weight machines, go home and eat dinner, watch a little TV, and then Shred around 10:30-11:00pm. It was a little challenging, but having a little break in the middle helped. I would think doing cardio in the morning and Shredding in the evening (or vice versa) would be easiest. I would think doing them back-to-back would be a challenge unless you were in pretty good shape, but not impossible. If you just do whatever you're able to, you will get stronger and build your endurance very quickly.

What do you have to lose.....give it a shot and good luck! :flowerforyou:

DR42
  • Addieloggins
    Options
    I started
  • Addieloggins
    Options
    I started 30-day shred about 3 weeks ago: just started level 3 yesterday. I do it in the morning before I go to work. Most days I exercise over my lunch hour, either a brisk walk or jog for 40-50 minutes. Very do-able. I love it. I didn't do the before measurements, but I certainly feel the difference, and my husband has started calling me "hard body," so I'd say it's working.

Good luck!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm just a little nervous to start because I've heard the 30DS is great for losing inches but not so much pounds. Don't get me wrong, I want to lose inches very much, but there's something about seeing that lower number on the scale! Ugh!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    I always mix a Jillian Michaels dvd w/ another cardio video
  • achampionsheart
    achampionsheart Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    WHEN I DID IT I WOULD DO ABOUT 30-45 MIN. OF ADD'L CARDIO...I TRY TO DO 60 MIN. OF CARDIO 4 TIMES A WEEK AS WELL AS WEIGHTS 3 DAYS A WEEK
  • GirlHungry
    Options
    I love the 30 day shred! Along with the 30 day shred I do 30 minutes on the stair climber and 30 minutes of a brisk walk at 4.0 and sometimes run at 5.0. I feel great when I am finished and sometimes throw pilates in my work out too! Level 2 is awesome but I am only 20 days into the program and kind of scared to go to Level 3! Good luck and I hope you enjoy the work out as much as I do:)
  • JustQue
    JustQue Posts: 157
    Options
    I'm finishing the couch to 5k and doing the 6 week six pack along with the 30 day shred. Q
  • srsvols
    Options
    So glad you asked that question! I just bought 30 DS yesterday and started in last night, and was thinking about the best way to mix it into my current routine. I do cardio for an hour about 4-5x per week now, and am excited about making myself get into more of a structured "strength" routine. I've finally worked myself up to 30 push ups a day (not on my knees) and have seen a difference in my shoulders just from that, but I needed to mix in some more exercises besides that so I'm thinking 30 DS will be just the perfect addition!! Good luck!
  • ML1020
    Options
    I'm starting 30DS on 09/28 along with the 6week abs. I also do Body Pump and Zumba at the gym 2-3 times a week.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I usually alternate spinning or walking with yoga, and I started the 30DS 3 days ago. I am also on week 4 of the C25K running program. I love doing the Shred, my muscles get a great workout, but I can definitely keep up my other activities. I feel like I'm noticing a difference already, though that's probably not possible on day 3! LOL