Fasting 16:8 / 18:6 any luck

Options
Hello - Been doing this for only 20 days, 57 years young. Anyone else around my age group had success with intermittent fasting and losing some LBS ?

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    While I'm not currently intermittent fasting, I have done it periodically, and have definitely lost weight doing it. But that's really going to depend on the individual.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    buckeye213 wrote: »
    Hello - Been doing this for only 20 days, 57 years young. Anyone else around my age group had success with intermittent fasting and losing some LBS ?

You still need to track calories when doing IF... I naturally do IF simply because I am almost never hungry in the morning. I have maintained, gained and lost weight eating this way.
  • buckeye213
    buckeye213 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    buckeye213 wrote: »

You still need to track calories when doing IF... I naturally do IF simply because I am almost never hungry in the morning. I have maintained, gained and lost weight eating this way.
    yes i track all meals and exercise even just a small walk on a daily basis so much harder to lose the lbs in 50’s compared to my 40’s or younger

• cji_isa
    cji_isa Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Working for me so long as I stay within my calorie limits. I notice that making myself journal calorie intake during the day forces me to stay within my limits
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,154 Member
    Options
    I'll answer the other half: I lost 50-some pounds around your age group, when I was 59-60. I'm 67 now, have stayed at a healthy weight since then. No IF involved, though: Not my jam. IF does seem to be a good tactic for some folks, though. I wish you success with it!