Weekends - The Bain of my Weight Loss Existence

Options
Does anyone have any good pointers for staying on track on the weekends? I find that once 5:00 p.m. on Friday hits, all of my goals go out the window, and I find myself eating (still healthily, but still....) anything I want!!!!!!

Please help! :explode:

Replies

• jhollyw00d
    jhollyw00d Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any good pointers for staying on track on the weekends? I find that once 5:00 p.m. on Friday hits, all of my goals go out the window, and I find myself eating (still healthily, but still....) anything I want!!!!!!

Please help! :explode:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Weekends are my weak times too. :ohwell:

I just try to drink a lot of water to offset any damage and also try to get at least one good workout in.

Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • réalta
    réalta Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    bowling with hubby burns some calories, or a walk on the beach together (10 minutes from my house)

but weekends are not great for me either

drink lots of water :drinker:
  • jyrowe34
    jyrowe34 Posts: 7
    Options
    Weekends are extremely hard, so what I try to do is focus on doing something constructive all day and eat like I would at work. Of course this doesn't work all of the time but I have become very motivated on the weekends too try to eat the right way as well as incorporate some type of physical activity to offset what I have eaten. Some times on Sunday's I will fast drinking nothing but water and maybe eating some crackers just to throw my metabolism into whack. Some times it works as long as I don't over indulge the next day on food.
  • megancolleen
    Options
    you are not alone.. I think most people suffer with the weekends.. I basically allow myself to go out to dinner and enjoy it saterday night.. then sunday I always go for a walk or something so I don't feel so bad about it.. Sunday's are tough too for me so I usually will have a healthy brunch and then eat a filling dinner.. Don't deprive yourself on the weekends but be smart about your decisions.. The way I look at this is it is not a diet it is a lifestyle change.. therefore I need to learn to live my life while still being healthy...

Hope this helps..
  • Hanna1983
    Hanna1983 Posts: 251
    Options
    weekends are really hard, but i have recently started to spend friday lunch time on MFP planning ahead for saturday and sunday. this way I usually stick to breakfast, lunch and dinner, even if i miss some snacks and even if i dont always eat at the exact planned times :smile:
  • mammakisses
    mammakisses Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I like to prepare and devide the food I will eat for the day that way you don't over eat. I drink lots of water and tea to keep my mouth busy. I try to read inteadof watching tv in the evening. It keeps my hand busy that way I can't eat and I don't get all the food cummercials. Also I plan time to workout in my day that way there is no excuse.
    Good luck!
  • thejarviclan
    thejarviclan Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Stay busy! If you're sitting, it's too easy to eat out of boredom. Keep things moving.