30 down, 20 to go

Options
I'm down 30 pounds in 3 months and have 20 more to loss to get to my first goal. Proud moment. Became premium member to help track easier and login daily. Not bored yet and want to stay motivated. Let's connect

Replies

• shawneda
    shawneda Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on hitting your goal.
  • adamsjl78
    adamsjl78 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Great work! We're working at the same cadence (approx. 10 lbs a month). Down 20 here with 50 more to go! We can do it!
  • tfranke513
    tfranke513 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What’s your secret?
  • 19Happylife64
    19Happylife64 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Great job! Definitely motivating!!!
  • ikalujny
    ikalujny Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi Gerald man! Open up your profile for friend invites and diary.

That loss is great, keep going.
  • tnk9695
    tnk9695 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep up the great progress!
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Me too!!! I just reached my 30lbs loss this morning, 25lbs more to get to healthy BMI. We can do it… yay us!!!!
  • 9bhtn65nzj
    9bhtn65nzj Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    EDTake2 wrote: »
    Me too!!! I just reached my 30lbs loss this morning, 25lbs more to get to healthy BMI. We can do it… yay us!!!!

Do you have any tips for those of us starting off?
  • EDTake2
    EDTake2 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    9bhtn65nzj wrote: »

Number one for me was to get my mind to commit 100%. My mind kept excusing all the bad behaviors. it was a battle that I still have once in a while. I had to trick my mind, so that it would stop with the excuses. I did that by:
    1) Plan and account for every meal I eat. Calorie counting everything that I put in my mouth, before I eat it. Meaning, even if I am going out, I will look at the menu, calculate the calories and then once there I already know what I am ordering.

2) Doing IF (Intermittent Fasting). I do a 18/6. I eat for 6 hrs throughout the day, and fast for 18. I started with 16/8 (eat for 8hrs, fast for 16). I make sure to eat all my calories (1,300 to 1,500) within my allowed time. IF stops me from overeating. When I was only doing CC, I kept of overeating at dinner. My mind kept rationalizing that eating one more slice, one more plate, or fruits was ok because I was good all day, not that many calories.....IF stopped that because after 6PM I could not eat anymore, no matter how 'little' calories it has, no matter what.

The beginning was hard, because the body was used to eat late at night, that extra plate, but after a week or two, it started to get used to the new system. Now, if I have a late dinner (around 8 or 9 PM), I feel sick and do not get restful sleep. I have been doing this for 3 months, and it is working. I can see myself doing this forever. It has become a way of life.

I am trying to make my muscles more defined, so I have recently started to go to the gym. I do both cardio and weights. it has been 3 weeks now. For cardio, I do Zumba, Swimming, and Eliptic. For weights, I use different machines for different parts. I am not fully committed yet. It's a fight with that mind of mine again, giving me all the excuse...no time to exercise today, need to do this and that, it's too late, it's too early...blah blah blah... but I will find a way to make exercise a regular part of life as well.

Feel free to friend request me. You can see my food diary and hopefully soon, my exercise routine : )
  • Scotty_51
    Scotty_51 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    9bhtn65nzj wrote: »

Get a food scale, weigh and track everything, and I mean everything. Going to use some ketchup, you need to weigh and log it, what about olive oil, going to drizzle some on some food then you need to measure it out first and log it. If you are making food then make sure to include that butter you added when you log the food.

Check the database for accuracy when you are logging food, a lot of it is wrong, including things with the check mark.

When you see people complaining about eating at a deficit and still gaining weight they are probably not accurately logging every single thing they eat. 1 tablespoon of ketchup is 20 calories, doesn't sound like much but it can really add up.

I did it with nothing but CICO, in fact I went from 215 to 178 eating nothing but processed food and other super unhealthy stuff. Pizza, burgers, nachos, sausage, fast food, candy, I ate it all and lost weight because I ate less calories than I burned.

That said whatever works for you is what you should do, but at the end of the day you need to be at a deficit.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!