First roadhump encountered - help needed!

Options
Hi all - I've been on MFP since the end of June. Over the past week or so I've been slipping - I can offer excuses - it was my birthday, and my partner had dental surgery which has led to an upsurge in consumption of creamy mashed potato and comfort food. I've put on a pound - only a pound, I know it's no big deal but I'm more worried about how easy it was to stop logging and to let myself lose focus. I don't want this to be the start of the slippery slope, given I've been doing so well so far and I'm still only around halfway towards my goal.
I would appreciate any support/advice from anyone who's found themselves falling off the wagon and how they got back on track, and to be honest anyone who would like to friend my would be very welcome - I feel in serious need of support.
Thanks for reading

Replies

• smoore85
    smoore85 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    hey, i have had days like that, 1 day turns in to 2 which turns in to a week,, just have a talking to ureself, u can do this and u will do this,, if u want that creamy mash u need to be able to fit it in to ure cal allowance,, add me a s a friend if u want to hon, im on here everyday,, u can do this honey,, dont let that 1lb turn in to more, xx
  • shadowfx
    Options
    You SO can do this! I agree with smoore85 - play around with your calories and nutrients a bit and see how you can fit the temporary soft stuff in - maybe just a smaller portion will do the trick? The main thing is to keep your resolve strong - to get to where you have has taken guts (no pun intended) and willpower. Don't let a temporary situation pull you down.

Sounds like you are a lot like me - give me a whiff of something carby and comforting - I'm toast.....look at it on your plate and talk to it out loud if you have to! Tell it who's Boss!
  • puddin1965
    Options
    :flowerforyou: dont panic. remember no one is perfect. just remember why your here and what got you here and be possitive. life isnt easy ,without challenge it would be very boring. so keep smiling get back on track and remember nothing is impossible!

michelle
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    You can do this don't get down! We are all here to help instant mashed potatoes and the packet gravy really aren't too bad in calories. So look forward not back. I make them for the kids all the time. I know if I did them the old fashioned way like my mom there's a lot of whole milk and huge doses of butter. So I will stick with this. I know it's processed but we don't do it all the time. You still have to get yourself up and back on the horse. Smile you can do this and ask your partner to help. Support at home is a plus. I don't have much but still get threw it. :bigsmile:
  • boku70
    Options
    All you can do is put away the day that didn't go well, and do better the next day. One good day will become three, which will become a week, and pretty soon the momentum will sustain itself.

Good luck! :-)