I need motivation please

Options
I feel so down today I dont know why??
I am eating right, working out, and I even said here in the forum yesterday that I feel some changes in only 6 days..
But today I feel so LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW

I came to work and I had few comments that put me down like
1. You got bigger! what happened?
2. Yes, you should do the same diet she is doing! shes already losing!
3. Are you pregnant? No Im not - you look like - why? because of my tummy? - No! you just look like
4. You have to go to this nutritionist, she's amazing!

Why?? I feel I want to make revenge from all those people and lose weight to show them and to shut them UP!

But still... I feel so low :(

Replies

• trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    try to perk yourself up with a little treat(NOT FOOD)! like a new nail polish or something small but good! We ALL have days like that...belive me i have even had a few this week i know why mine hit and i have NO control about it at all so just try to be good and weather the storm so to speak!
    good luck honey x
  • ElementalEscapee
    ElementalEscapee Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    Success is the best revenge
    -Kanye

:D I look up quotes for fitness or success...after that I'm good!
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Cheer up! yes you can lose weight and show all of them. That would be the best revenge so get to work. And when they ask how your doing it DON"T SHARE
  • jazzybean1
    Options
    jeez....i don't know what kind of person could say you got bigger, what happened???
    Just move on and don't them de-rail you. Sometimes people actually say mean things to sabotage and some times they are just insensitive. However, only you can control how you feel, so find some source of empowerment from within and use it!! Everyone has low days but tomorrow hit the gym and your eating with a vengeance!! You are strong.
  • aurorasangel2000
    Options
    What works for some people won't necessarily work for everyone concerning how they lose. Don't worry about what everyone else thinks!!! You will notice the changes in your body before anyone else will, and it's a process, not a quick race. While you are making life changes and decisions to have a healthier lifestyle, some of these people may be trying to take the 'easy' way out and get on a fast track that will likely fail. Just keep doing you and don't let anyone else bring you down! You're not doing this for anyone else more than yourself, so, if you let it get you down, you will just be defeating yourself ;-)
  • Lisa_222
    Lisa_222 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Just ignore them. They're jealous of the fact that you are striving for something. When you lose a bunch of weight, they'll find something else to criticize anyway, so don't even look to those people for validation. look in the mirror. Look at how your clothes are fitting. Look at how you're improving your health and how much more energy you will be feeling. Underacheivers have nothing better to do than to criticize people they are jealous of. You are doing this for you, not them. That's what you need to focus on.
  • onevision
    Options
    People say and do things for their own reasons so it's best not to get upset when their reasons don't fall in line with what you are up to.

However, the scales and the tape measure don't lie, and don't have motives, so you can trust them!

Of course you could tell your colleagues what you are doing and you might just get an extra pool of motivation and support that makes that extra difference...
  • jumcadam
    jumcadam Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    With weight loss, slow and steady wins the race.

The colleague who has lost all this weight on a fad diet is likely to regain it and mess up her metabolism.
    The colleagues who were cruel enough to say this to you are most probably jealous and/ or insecure about the way they look themselves.

As lap222 said, get that tape measure out and record your waist, chest and hip measurements. It's likely that those numbers have got a lot smaller!

You're not on a diet, you're changing your lifestyle for the better. A change in lifestyle has much better staying power and ultimately, much better results.

:flowerforyou:
  • Berta53
    Options
    Just ignore them. They're jealous of the fact that you are striving for something. When you lose a bunch of weight, they'll find something else to criticize anyway, so don't even look to those people for validation. look in the mirror. Look at how your clothes are fitting. Look at how you're improving your health and how much more energy you will be feeling. Underacheivers have nothing better to do than to criticize people they are jealous of. You are doing this for you, not them. That's what you need to focus on.
  • Berta53
    Options
    I agree some people just sit their making crap comments because they are too darn lazy to get up off their backsides & do anything about their situation....just ignore them & if possible avoid them they want you to give up! but stay strong & once you have reached goal they will be sick with jealousy & how fit healthy & slim you have become!
  • nomoremuffintop42
    nomoremuffintop42 Posts: 129 Member
    Options

I totally agree with this.... .