Tracking fitness?

Options
Can I track my fitness without it giving me extra calories? I already turned off steps, but I’d also like to log my workouts without the added daily calories it gives me as well. Just curious if this is possible here. Thanks and have a great week!!

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    No. If you want to track fitness without adding calories, you'll have to track your exercise on another app.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    almost yes. you can create your own workouts and assign each exercise 1 calorie.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    almost yes. you can create your own workouts and assign each exercise 1 calorie.

This, or after MFP tracks and credits your exercise, just go back and edit the entry to 1 calorie (or even 0 if it lets you).

I’ve gone back and edited exercise entries TONS of times because I didn’t want too much credit for something.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    The "edit to 1 calorie" thing will work, or MFP premium has a setting where you can turn off the adding of exercise calories.

If you're targeting an aggressive weight loss rate, have set up MFP based on pre-exercise activity level, and do any meaningful amount of exercise . . . I think it's not a good idea for health or fitness improvement.

Under some different combinations of conditions it can be OK, but accelerating already-fast loss is generally a bad plan.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options

Oooh, yeah, that would work. Hadn't thought about that.
  • kingsfan1982
    kingsfan1982 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    sollyn23l2 wrote: »

Oooh, yeah, that would work. Hadn't thought about that.
    I know. It’s an excellent hack and I get to have 1 extra calorie just in case! ;)
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a premium option, but I have a toggle to turn exercise calories on or off. To do this, I'd go under Goals and then Edit Fitness. There's an on/off toggle for Exercise Calories.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,170 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it's a premium option, but I have a toggle to turn exercise calories on or off. To do this, I'd go under Goals and then Edit Fitness. There's an on/off toggle for Exercise Calories.

It's premium.