Always hungry

Options
I eat tons of Lean Cuisine meals but they never fill me up. I always get hungry again 2 or 3 hours after I eat them. What's a healthy snack to quench my hunger between meals?

Replies

• crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    I guess you will get a lot of suggestions to dump the lean cuisine meals and eat less processed foods. but I won't preach too much about that :)

Snacks that fill you, things with protein and whole grains or fibre etc...

cottage cheese on rye, boiled egg, home made humus with veggie sticks.
  • morganadk2_deleted
    morganadk2_deleted Posts: 1,696 Member
    Options
    As your always hungry eat more ! add in some healthy snack, not seeing much friut or veg in there, and you always seem to be under your goal by quite a bit , so eat more , nuts , fruit and veg, olive oil.
  • nirvana1
    Options
    Try to remember that hunger is good. When I was well into loosing weight after the birth of my son and I felt hunger I used to tell myself that was my body getting thinner! lol.
    When you feel hunger always try to drink water first before eating and see if the feeling subsides.
  • TheGoalDigger
    TheGoalDigger Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you should try slim fast snack bar, fiber one snack bars (deliciooooooooooous), skinny cow dream clusters (another delicious one)
  • Rozzymoo
    Options
    I keep some homemade chunky vegetable soup on the go during colder weather. Its really filling and super healthy.

Having oatmeal (porridge) for breakfast keeps me feeling satisfied until lunchtime so, I don't feel the need to snack in the mornings.

When I really do want something, I eat a couple of slices of Ryvita with extra light cream cheese.

Hope this helps - I agree with Crux - real foods are so much better than processed - and you can usually have slightly larger portions!
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Lean Cuisine is crap. lol That stuff doesn't even taste like food, plus it's way high in sodium. Not to mention the cost!

Consider pre-packing your own meals in tupperwares 2x/week. You'll be surprised how much more you can get with fresh/frozen veggies and carbs+proteins of your choosing.

Protein is the only thing that ever fills me up. I prefer boneless skinless chicken breast, greek yogurt and cheese. :)
  • tomcat4680
    Options
    As your always hungry eat more ! add in some healthy snack, not seeing much friut or veg in there, and you always seem to be under your goal by quite a bit , so eat more , nuts , fruit and veg, olive oil.

Most fruits and vegetables have little to no calories though. How will they keep me full?
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    fibre fibre fibre:laugh:
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    watch your carbs when i lowered mine i began to be less hungry
  • margo36
    margo36 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I'm not suprised you are hungry. Processed food isn't that filling and I don't see any breakfasts either. I find home cooking is more filling with plenty of vegetables.
  • MsLilly200
    MsLilly200 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Don't you drink water? Or do you just not log it? Sometimes when you think you're hungry, you're actually thirsty, so try drinking a glass of water when you feel a little hungry. Wait 10-20 minutes and then eat something if you're still hungry.

Also, your goal is set for 2000, but you seem to eat around 1500, maybe you're just not eating enough?

Some filling snacks would be, eggs (boiled, fried, omellette-d), nuts, meat (like if you have some leftover chicken), cheese...

Also, just because vegetables don't have many calories dosen't mean they don't keep you full, they're still fill your stomach up. Plus they're healthy.
  • crux
    crux Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I know I said no preaching but I can't help it.

I just saw your diary. Honestly speaking dude, the biggest favour you can do yourself is to get into the habit of meal planning & preparing your own food from raw ingredients rather than convienience food eating.

I know it takes time but it’s time well spent. I personally think it’s even more important than exercise!
  • tomcat4680
    Options
    I was eating Honey Nut Cheerios for breakfast for a while but lately I've been sleeping til noon.

I just went out and bought some old fashioned oatmeal, plus milk, honey and raisins to stir in it.

I drink water a lot, I just forget to log it.
  • Riley4ever
    Riley4ever Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hi

I've noticed that whilst I used to eat a lot of fruits before losing weight, I now eat way more vegetables. I find 80-100g of wholewheat pasta with 1/2 small tub (150-200g) of fresh pasta sauce plus steamed asparagus and a few stir fried mushrooms & peppers (use hardly any oil, 5ml or get the zero cal spray oil) is a really fantastic meal for filling me up - you could also substitute some of the pasta for ham / chicken (I'm vegetarian).

Also not sure where you eat your meals but your brain doesnt really register that you've eaten the food if you eat whilst watching tv, using the internet, reading etc so 100% concentrate on eating, tasting and chewing your food at main meals. Good luck :)