STRONG - (workout tracking app)

Options
anyone using this app?

I just downloaded it and seems pretty solid for tracking your workouts. you only get 4 free workouts before you have to buy the app. i have used two so far. thinking i will buy it (would be the first time i have ever paid for an app)

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/strong-simple-workout-tracker/id464254577?mt=8

If someone has advice on a better app tracking you lifting workouts, im all ears

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    no eggs?
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    i will have two hard boiled eggs at approximately 4:00
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    I just started using jefit, which is free. I've really liked it so far.
  • davepete57
    davepete57 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm a believer in Fitlist. Lots of versatility and it is easy to use. I track all my workouts with it, both cardio and weights.
  • Riff1970
    Riff1970 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I've been using Strong now for about a month. I like it.

I was using a log book before at $17 each so the app was a no-brainer.

The graphs are nice and informative to track progress.

I haven't tried any other apps so I don't know if there are better.
  • sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I just record all my workout notes on Word (after sending my Android text file to myself) and log my progress on Excel.

It's free and not to much trouble to do so.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    that sopunds way more annoying than an app
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    i bough the app
  • manhardp
    manhardp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I’ve used both Strong and JEFIT and like both but unfortunately neither have been integrated with MyFitnessPal after all this time which is disappointing
  • williamsonmj1
    williamsonmj1 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I haven't used it, but it looks great. I am logging everything with Excel online at the moment, but this might be better.

I think if you wanted an alternative I would go for one that was more specialized. If strength is your thing, there's an app called Boostcamp that is pre-loaded with tons of famous strength programs. I think pretty much all of them in fact. Grekskull LP, 5/3/1, Starting Strength, famous programs from Reddit like nSuns, Bromley's programs, Candito's beginners program... okay not quite all, but tons.

If you are into bodybuilding, Renaissance Periodization has an app that looks pretty cool. I think it has pre-loaded programs and you also give it feedback so it can help to adjust the load for the next session.
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I use strong and I like it