Food at work!!

Options
Hey guyzzz
What is the best way to eat healthy at work , especially if u work over 8 hours ?

Replies

• SuzySunshine99
    SuzySunshine99 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options
    Bringing your own food is the best option. Bring food that you enjoy and keeps you satisfied, but also works for your goals. If you don't feel deprived, you won't be as tempted to eat random stuff.

Or, just plan ahead...if you know that your co-workers like to order pizza every Friday, and you'd like to join them, then plan to spend the calories on that. Adjust your meals for the rest of the day to accommodate the treat.

Try to avoid all the "surprise" food that can infiltrate workplaces...the random box of doughnuts, the leftover cake, etc. Don't feel bad about saying "no". You don't have to explain anything to your co-workers, just "no, thanks".

Also, when I feel like I want to eat excessively at work, due to stress or boredom, I try to take a short walk if I can. Maybe get a cup of coffee or tea instead.
  • MurphmomSparkles
    MurphmomSparkles Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    I am struggling with this same problem. I have few opportunities to eat and if I get too hungry I overeat or eat things I regret. I am trying to make sure to eat breakfast and then try to have a snack between that and lunch as well as an afternoon snack. Leaving work too hungry leads me straight to bad drive-thru decisions. I have been shaking up a protein shake to drink on the way home. It's challenging.
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Food prep is the best option. Cook stuff on the weekend when you have the time, portion it out and take it with you to work.