changing daily calorie goal

Options
Hi All,
just wondering if the daily calorie goal automatically changes as you lose weight?

Replies

• sarainhove
    Options
    I don't think so - I have updated weight but this hasn't changed the daily goal. I think you have to upate your overall goal to get a new daily limit.
  • Nette_54
    Nette_54 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Hi Janny, I wondered that myself and I actually want to be able to change my calorie goals myself as I am following the Curves eating plan which has the calorie intake change in different phases of the plan
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Hi All,
    just wondering if the daily calorie goal automatically changes as you lose weight?
    Funny you should mention this...it seems that at every 10 pounds, if you have not manually changed your goals, the site will ask you if you want them to be adjusted. You have the option then to either say yes, no, or ask again in another 10 pounds.

It happened to me this morning...I lost another 3 pounds since last week, putting me over the 10-pounds-lost mark, and had not changed my goals in a while. So the site asked if it should do it for me. I said "yes" but I don't know what was changed, since my caloric goal stayed the same.
  • Forensic
    Forensic Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    Yeeeah, it does, but I wouldn't know, I update my goals everytime I lose anything. :laugh:
  • Janny2712
    Options
    Thanks everyone,
    I will take note at next weigh in, and if there are no changes I will change my goals.
    thanks again for your help:flowerforyou:
  • ghurt13
    ghurt13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It doesn't automatically update, if I recall you need to click the "settings" on the top, then "Update diet/fitness profile" and change your current weight, this should recalculate your daily goals.
  • ltlane
    ltlane Posts: 120
    Options
    the system does not change it thats something you have to do. what i did notice is that every few pounds my body needs less and less for maintenance. for example when i started mfp said i needed 2190 for maintenance and now it is down to 2130