Protein bars?

Options
Does anyone have any good experience with protein bars and can tell me which is the best to buy for a protein boost, but is low in sugar and fat? I know it's a big ask.......... :wink:

I live in the Middle East so get a decent range of produce from UK and USA plus other countries so doesn't matter where it's made. Thanks!

Replies

• SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    BUMP!
  • krypt5
    krypt5 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Ever considered making your own. Its very easy.
  • mariachi
    mariachi Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Power Bar!
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Try googling reviews, there are huge communities of body builders who eat hundreds of grams of protein a day, and let me tell you, do they have thorough protein bar/protein shake reviews. Haha.
  • 10fairywings
    10fairywings Posts: 136 Member
    Options

Best thing to do is make your own! Some of the ones you can buy are really high in sugar! There are some great recipes and I do protein merringues ha ha they're lush and all it is is egg white and canderel! :)

11064913.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • jannah22
    Options
    I love Atkins Advantage Chocolate Brownie bars! Sooo yummy and very low carb! :)
  • Rachy80
    Options
    I've also been stuck looking at Protein Bars in the chemist and most of them are quite high in calories :( I might have to try what others have suggested and try to make them myself :)
  • electriq
    electriq Posts: 359 Member
    Options

Best thing to do is make your own! Some of the ones you can buy are really high in sugar! There are some great recipes and I do protein merringues ha ha they're lush and all it is is egg white and canderel! :)

11064913.png

Do either of you have recipes or links to recipes which you like?
    Thanks!

I'm quite keen on the making my own idea as I try to eat almost all wholefoods but sometimes I just need a protein bar to take care of things after a big workout and I feel kind dubious about what is in them. Also keen of others' pre-made preferences.

- great topic, thanks
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options

11064913.png

Do either of you have recipes or links to recipes which you like?
    Thanks!

I'm quite keen on the making my own idea as I try to eat almost all wholefoods but sometimes I just need a protein bar to take care of things after a big workout and I feel kind dubious about what is in them. Also keen of others' pre-made preferences.

- great topic, thanks

Thanks everyone for the advice!!!

Yeah, if either of you have any recipes that you have tried that would be great.... I love the sound of your protein meringues, haha they sound lush!
  • meagalayne
    meagalayne Posts: 3,382 Member
    Options
    I make my own protein brownies with ground oats, chocolate whey, cottage cheese, egg whites, cocoa powder, baking powder, applesauce and a little vanilla... Search the forums, or message me! There are hundreds of recipes out there...

2011-01-26085213.jpg
  • qkiley
    Options
    I have Pure Protein bars. Pretty decent counts on cals/sugar/carbs. Decent price as well. There are tons of options out there, but these have been the best balance so far.
  • lockef
    lockef Posts: 466
    Options
    Protein bars are very low bang for your buck. It's much better to make a shake and add everything you need yourself (protein/carbs).
  • AH2013
    AH2013 Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. I bought Isopure zero carb, sugar free powder today 290 Dirhams!! That's $80 US......this better be nice......and I'm going to make shakes after my workout each day, plus the protein bars krypt5 sent me the recipe for! I'm all good, thanks again!