Herbalife affecting sleep?

Options
Hiya,

I’ve been using Herbalife for the last few weeks and since then I feel like my sleeping is totally off. I’m using the Meal Replacement and Protein. Nothing else. Does anyone know whether Herbalife has been known to affect sleep, or just a coincidence with changing eating habits?
I literally cannot find anything online about it.

Thanks in advance
Kim

Replies

• sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating each day? Very low calorie diets can definitely cause insomnia (you're body's hungry, so it doesn't prioritize sleep because it wants you to go try and find food)
  • kimfrench123
    kimfrench123 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey sollyn, I’m having 1,400 a day.
    A shake for breakfast and lunch. Then snacks mid morning, afternoon and a substantial low fat meal in the evening.
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    Hey sollyn, I’m having 1,400 a day.
    A shake for breakfast and lunch. Then snacks mid morning, afternoon and a substantial low fat meal in the evening.

Doesn't sound too crazy. Like you said, maybe it's just the diet changes. That being said, if you're really hungry before you go to bed, you could always have a small snack and see if that helps.
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,223 Member
    Options
    Both low carb diets and low (unsaturated) fat diets can also cause sleep issues for some people.
  • jm1420
    jm1420 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I used Herbal life way back when it first came out. It made my heart race so bad, I thought I'd jump out of my skin. I stopped drinking it, and it went away. Maybe check the ingredient list and research to see if there's caffeine etc in it.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,639 Member
    Options
    If feel you can, ditch the shakes and learn how to eat habitually within calorie allowance. Shakes like Herbalife, Slimfast, Topfast, etc. are just gimmicks to get you to buy product. Because it doesn't teach you how to curtail your eating (because the shake replace a meal), once you go off them, it's not uncommon to regain weight. And of course those companies are betting you'll come back to them and buy their product again. They like when you keep returning.
    If it's not going to be a diet you'll do for the rest of your life, then it's NOT the diet you do.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png