injured

Options
hi, ive pulled a ligament in my foot and been advised not to do any work outs unless its spinning which i hate....any suggestions as i have posted that i will fit in 4 sessions of 60mins excersise to reach my goal?
thanks

Replies

• lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    If you are injured, best not to rush things. I have been there before. I am dealing with multiple torn back muscles right now. On top of it a partial knee dislocation from about a year and a half ago. So I have been working on getting both stronger.

The only suggestion i can give you is to walk but tape the ankle/foot first with a ace bandage, then regular sport tape. I would also soak it after in epsom salts because it helps sprains.

Good luck on things. Take it slow and don't rush it.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Can you swim? I would imagine if you can spin you can swim? Presumably it's weightbearing you need to avoid? But double check before you do it!
  • lostsoul2216
    lostsoul2216 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Swimming would be a good bet too. Might even help rehabilitate the foot as well.
  • Blackthorne99
    Blackthorne99 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    You can do upper body work outs and abdominals. Here's a site that shows a bunch of exercises that work other areas of the body:

http://www.exercise-ball-exercises.com/list-free-exercise-ball-exercises.html

There are a total of 187 exercises on here, most of which are done in some form of laying down or sitting.
  • arhzon
    arhzon Posts: 150
    Options
    Sorry to hear that... I recently tore a tendon in my knee, which has kept me from 90% of what I want to do, too. I guess I'll just bump this thread for some more replies, because I also could use some suggestions on what can improve my conditioning not using my legs at all...