How can I see my calorie deficit

Options
My dashboard says -860 net calories but is it this one.
Tagged:

Answers

• ReReNotMe
    ReReNotMe Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Not completely sure what you're looking for but your calorie goals should reflect your weight goals and can be edited in the app. It also puts that as 'net calories' to account for differences in activity and that.

E.g. I am 173cm and weigh about 100kg and want to lose about 1kg/week. I put that in the 'goals' section of the app and it recommend I eat around 1800cal/day.

Personally, I always double check against my BMR and daily exercise as I know it takes around 7700 to burn 1kg or 1100 cal deficit each day so will adjust my intake around that but not everyone has the time or need to do the maths every day.

Not sure if that answers your question but hope it helps. Good luck :)
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,183 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    timozin483 wrote: »
    My dashboard says -860 net calories but is it this one.

Is this the dashboard you're talking about?
    And the spot I circled in purple, is that where you're seeing '-860'?

h4lpi9q1d5ka.jpg

Having a minus in front of the number, means you've eaten way under your calorie goal. Without knowing what weight loss rate you've selected, impossible to know what your deficit is.
    1kg per week requires a deficit of 1100 calories per day, 2lbs per week requires a deficit of 1000 calories per day, etc. which is already included in your calorie goal. Eating less than your calorie goal increases the deficit further.

If my screenshot isn't what you're talking about, I think you'll need to give more info.

In any case, your calorie deficit itself isn't shown anywhere directly, you need to deduce it from your remaining calories in combination with the weight loss rate you selected.