busy working mom who needs a friend(s)

Options
I would love the add.... can use support on day one trying to restart.

Amber

Replies

• cdahl383
    cdahl383 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I'm restarting myself. Sure was a lot easier to stay in shape before kids!
  • Neil7905
    Neil7905 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Hey Amber, I use Intermittent fasting and have seen some pretty good results.
  • ambermichk
    ambermichk Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    @neil7905 I was just reading up on that. I am unsure I can do it. I swear I am hungry all the time. How long do you fast?
  • aloha198
    aloha198 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hey Amber I am restarting today as well😊
  • ambermichk
    Options
    @aloha i technically started wednesday after my doctors appointment. it was not good. So far Wednesday morning was the last soda I have had I can easily drink a 2 lt or 4 20z a day without even thinking about it and i have cut back drastically on junk food (addict) and started tracking food intake. Where are you starting?
  • ambermichk
    Options
    @cdahl383 I wish I could use my kids as an excuse still but my baby is 15 and I continue to gain.... its hard having kids around who ask... hey lets go get a blizzard or hey lets make brownies.....
  • cdahl383
    Options
    ambermichk wrote: »
    @cdahl383 I wish I could use my kids as an excuse still but my baby is 15 and I continue to gain.... its hard having kids around who ask... hey lets go get a blizzard or hey lets make brownies.....

I see. Yes it's not easy that's for sure! I've baked a lot of cakes and brownies with my daughters and it's hard not to eat that stuff when it smells and tastes so good haha!

The only thing that has worked for me in the past is counting calories. If you plan out your day in advance, it makes it a lot easier. You can even build into your day that slice of cake or ice cream cone and not go over or at least not go over by much.

Also, trying to do extreme stuff usually ends in failure. Doing easy things makes it easier to be consistent and stick with it. Just walking for 30-60 minutes per day helps a lot. Just about anyone can walk. When it's nice out, it's great too as you get to be outside and get some sun.

• ambermichk
    Options
    @cdahl383 i have cut out MOST junk food. I am tracking now to see how much I am eating and find that with tracking it is stopping me from eating junk...or i plan how much junk i eat

i swear I sat at my desk one day about 2 weeks ago and ate a whole pack of chip ahoy chocolate chip with fudge inside cookies... by myself... while guzzling 2 to 3 of 20 oz sodas... in m y 8 hour work day... not including what i had when i got home. I was gorging on chocolate and pure junk.

I have lost 9 pounds so far … on mostly giving up soda and cutting back on junk food.

I have trouble preplanning.... that is my next weekly goal, set up a time and way to plan meals and snacks so they are more food and less junk. Guess that is my next week plan

week one no soda, take new meds
    week two track foods, no soda and take meds
    week three set up way to preplan snacks and meals
    week 4 no fast food 6 our of 7 days a week
    week 5 add the exercise
  • cdahl383
    Options
    ambermichk wrote: »
    @cdahl383 i have cut out MOST junk food. I am tracking now to see how much I am eating and find that with tracking it is stopping me from eating junk...or i plan how much junk i eat

i swear I sat at my desk one day about 2 weeks ago and ate a whole pack of chip ahoy chocolate chip with fudge inside cookies... by myself... while guzzling 2 to 3 of 20 oz sodas... in m y 8 hour work day... not including what i had when i got home. I was gorging on chocolate and pure junk.

I have lost 9 pounds so far … on mostly giving up soda and cutting back on junk food.

I have trouble preplanning.... that is my next weekly goal, set up a time and way to plan meals and snacks so they are more food and less junk. Guess that is my next week plan

week one no soda, take new meds
    week two track foods, no soda and take meds
    week three set up way to preplan snacks and meals
    week 4 no fast food 6 our of 7 days a week
    week 5 add the exercise

That's great! You figured out the issue and have a plan.

Liquid calories are the worst. Cutting out pop, juice, alcohol really helps. That stuff doesn't fill you up at all. I'd rather waste calories on a bag of Doritos than slam a couple Cokes.

Planning the day out ahead of time really helps. Especially if you're going out to eat somewhere. You can plan your day around eating a little more at the restaurant, choose healthier stuff when you go, and still not go over your target.

I've been updating my calories in the morning when I first wake up. I sometimes leave 100 calorie cushion so I can have a little snack at the end of the day if I'm still hungry. It's been working so far.
  • ambermichk
    Options
    "Liquid calories are the worst. Cutting out pop, juice, alcohol really helps. That stuff doesn't fill you up at all. I'd rather waste calories on a bag of Doritos than slam a couple Cokes." isnt that the truth. for 2 sodas I could have a baby blizzard (LOVE ICE CREAM)....

@cd_314 I was drinking anywhere from 3 to 6 of 20 oz sodas a day... its ALL i drank, nothing else, no water, or anything...

the only problem with making these changes is now i think about food ALL the time. I use to think about what i would eat next, now it is how to avoid foods or what I am allowed to eat next to stay in range.