DebraA2024
DebraA2024 Posts: 46 Member
Starting over need support please make friends and let’s do this 😀❤️

Replies

• MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Hi there
    Glad your back! Success is that we keep getting back up when we fall-so congrats on not giving up. I just “started over “ myself in May, after4 years of neglecting my health and horribly overeating. What are your goals?
  • ireneh124
    ireneh124 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I’m 70, I’m starting over. I have to loose at least 30 lbs to prevent another stroke. I need accountability partners! Encouragers. Willing to invest time in this journey. Friend me?
  • ragtopmama2781
    ragtopmama2781 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    HI. I'm back again, also. 72 and need to lose about 60 pounds. Would love to be an accountability partner to someone.
  • antigone414
    antigone414 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm starting over again too. Onward and upward!
  • suejo2144
    suejo2144 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I started last week too. Need friends, please feel free to add me
  • Snoogy5
    Snoogy5 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I’m also restarting.
  • KerryBSoCal
    KerryBSoCal Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I started over a month ago so would like to keep in touch too. 😎
  • Abbyrose0516
    Abbyrose0516 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Restarting today for the 100th time.need support :(
  • foliographerdoha
    foliographerdoha Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    All the very best
  • KerryBSoCal
    Options
    Are any of you counting calories or points? I’m having a tough time reconciling what the charts say I need and what my doctor says I need (many fewer).
  • sollyn23l2
    sollyn23l2 Posts: 1,660 Member
    Options
    newroyal1 wrote: »
    Are any of you counting calories or points? I’m having a tough time reconciling what the charts say I need and what my doctor says I need (many fewer).

Your doctor knows you better than a chart.
  • fiveamburn
    fiveamburn Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I'm starting again this week too. I plan to take it slow with meal planning and getting my steps in while trying to start some weight training as well. Unfortunately, this is not my first time at the rodeo however this time feels very different.

I'm not sure if it's because of the recent loss of my mom or if it's because my body feels different with my weight gain this time around. Now with the extra weight I have knee pain and foot pain and it scares me that I have lost muscle tone. Not sure if anyone can relate but I'm ready to make the effort for change.

My birthday is in August so the timing seems perfect to start my new journey. Let's do this!

• cynma
    cynma Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Starting over today as well looking for new friends…they have changed the app since I have used it last I can’t figure out how to add friends or request…a little help please
  • HaleCry
    HaleCry Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    @cynma click on the persons name, click view profile, click myfitness pal profile and you can add from there😊
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I’ve been back for about a month, am 62 and need to lose at least 20 pounds. I have scoliosis and find my back pain is so much worse with all the extra weight. Feel free to add me.
  • LemonLizard
    LemonLizard Posts: 86 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Feel free to add me! I'm restarting as well, and now am looking to lose ~70 lbs from now until the end of 2024. I lost 50 lbs before and maintained for five or so years before adding it all back and then some! Here we go again :p
  • KerryBSoCal
    Options
    So what is everyone doing to increase their exercise? I started water aerobics a month ago and really love it. I have to admit that it took losing my first twenty pounds to get me in the pool! 😁