Anyone doing free weights at a gym?

Options
2»

Replies

• Dandersonjr32
    Options
    I've heard kettlebells are the bomb, a great workout. Keep going!
  • aoifebr
    Options
    Hey

I do circuits including free weights & kettlebells to keep my heart rate up - my diary is open I have a look at my session from yesterday. I dont always log it in as much detail but feel free to ask if you want.

My only advise is make sure your posture is right - the number of times I see guys try kettlebells swings with the heavier weights & terrible back shape - not surprisingly they do themselves an injury. Same for deadlifts - do NOT try heavy lifts until you know your in the correct position my cousin had back surgery last week following an ongoing injury from poor posture (yes he is an idiot & didnt listen to people). It might be worth speaking with some of the trainers or staff at the gym for tips.

Good luck.
  • JanaBethSLP
    Options
    I do! I go to the gym with my husband and we work out together. The weight lifting has become one of my favorite parts of my workout. I love the feeling of getting stronger and watching my muscles develop. :)
  • blazergrad
    blazergrad Posts: 603 Member
    Options
    I use my free weights at home. I was just working out with dumb bells during curls, overheads, flys and presses, but just last week I got a brand new bench and weight set and I'm SO excited about using it!

For me personally, I prefer working out at home because I can leave my weights set up the way I want them. Plus, given the fact that it takes me a tad bit longer to get in place and get going due to being in a chair, I don't have to worry about taking too much time and keeping someone else from using the equipment. :)
  • yanicka
    yanicka Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Love it. And it's the first time I see such a big change in so little time.
  • trelm249
    trelm249 Posts: 777 Member
    Options
    I lift three days a week and started lifting 2 months ago. Definitely have a plan and track your progress.

I use a blend of free weights and some machines after the free weights.
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    P90x on the laptop in the gym with weights.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    I do strength training a couple times a week, and I mix it up. If at home I'll do a Supreme 90 DVD, when I'm at the gym I'll do the 1-2-3 Strive Strength machines some days, free weights on the other days. So, you are not alone!