Motivation/Accountability

Options
I'm looking for motivation accountability and support. Willing to give as well. I'm at 316 and need to get to 292 by Oct. I'm prepping for weight loss surgery. Full disclosure: if I know im going to be way over cals I'll sometimes cheat logging to reflect what I want it to say. I know only hurting myself. So would like accountability there. I'm allergic to the sun due to meds so indoor work out ideas would help, im not sure where to start. Feel free to send me a friend request😀

Replies

• chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Hey @rebeccamister3010 what an awesome post. I'm right there (minus the upcoming surgery) with you.

Tell me about tomorrow (Monday) will you log into MFP? Will you log your food? Will you try exercise? Tell me the healthy plan you have for Monday and I'll check in Tuesday morning and offer support, encouragement, and accountability.
  • rebeccamister3010
    rebeccamister3010 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Logged in, weighed in im down 3.3lbs. Plan on logging all food. About to go on a walk before the sun is up
  • chris_in_cal
    chris_in_cal Posts: 2,179 Member
    Options
    Did you log everything and then click "complete for the day?" That's a big deal for me. Clicking makes it stick.

It supper hot in a lot of places. Do you have shade? How did it go?

Sometimes I weigh every day, usually it's once a week. How about you?

--Chris
  • AnneGenevieveS
    AnneGenevieveS Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    Early morning walks are my favorite, especially in the summer. The temperature is great, it's calm and quiet outside, and a lot of the fun animals are awake and active. Early morning is the best time to see baby bunnies in my neighborhood (in the spring)! When I exercise first thing in the morning, the rest of my day feels good.
  • AmberlyMarlene
    AmberlyMarlene Posts: 119 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Hey @rebeccamister3010 I am guilty of fudging my calories occasionally because I have a drinking problem I'm trying to get under control so I feel for you there. Being honest though tends to push me in the right direction far better, or I just don't log for that day and turn the other cheek rather than lie and get praise for something I didn't earn. My mother had weightloss surgery last year and I was happy to support her. If you want a friend I'm here for you, just shoot me a friend request and I can shoot you one as well. I've (restarted) at 286 pounds, am not much under that right now, but hope to continue to progress.

Wishing you the best!

I'm open to anyone who wants to shoot me a friend request. Can't have too many people helping to keep your head in the game through supporting each other.
  • RedHeadedBlueEyes
    RedHeadedBlueEyes Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Plus 30 eggs for $4.99!
    I feel healthier already ☺️
    Aiming for as few simple carbs as possible, and little to no sugar!
    z7gnkrqy9nvr.jpeg