HELP 26 weeks along and need HELP

Options
Im 26 weeks along and before I concieved I was on here doing what needed to be dont going to the gym, eatting right, and just doing what needed to be done since I concieved I have gained all the I lost before baby and am still gaining. Im a plus size to start with and I dont want to keep going down this bad path. Please help!

Replies

• rdvincent
    Options
    you are going to gain weight, you're pregnant! your body is going to take care of the baby, just eat healthy and continue to be as active as you were, worry about the baby weight after the baby is born. congratulations!
  • ColoradoRobin
    ColoradoRobin Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Talk to your doctor about how much weight, if any, she thinks you should gain,and what your calorie needs should be. Track your foods with MFP. Reduce white carbs such as white bread, white rice, and sugar. Eat whole grains in moderation, along with lots of veggies, lean meat, fish, and fruits. Take a pre-natal supplement with folic acid. Exercise! There are tons of great exercises you can do, some just for moms-to-be. You can do this in a way that is healthy for you and your baby. Stay healthy!
  • Paulette56
    Paulette56 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Your body is hard wired to plump you up so it can provide nourishment and protection for the baby. Cravings aren't even funny, but just remember that the good balanced diet that we all should be eating is also good for your baby. BTW some of your weight gain is baby and all that comes with it, so you haven't gained back ALL the fat you lost before. Enjoy this time of your life and know that you have time to get back in shape while you chase the little one. Congratulations!
  • rockylucas
    rockylucas Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I am a gay man so I know about as little about pregnancy as is possible, BUT... I do know a couple things... 1) Being on a weight loss plan is the last thing you need to be worrying about right now. Use this as a time to develop healthy eating and exercise habits so that when you have your baby, it will come naturally to you and weight loss will come easier. 2) If you are already overweight you do not necessarily have to gain weight being pregnant, or gain a lot, like someone who is not overweight would. PUT THE SCALE AWAY and focus on nutrition, health, wellness, exercise, etc.. Be as healthy as possible for yourself and your child... If you do that, you will have all the tools in place for the excess weight to fall right off after the baby comes :)
  • Renise01
    Renise01 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Make sure you have adjusted your calories to account for the pregnancy. And also my obgyn has mentioned that while you are pregnant you aren't really eating for two! Follow the same common sense rules as before - for example, eat when you're hungry and stop when you are almost full. Eat good healthy foods and take those vitamims :-) If you have a gym membership see if they have a trainer that is familiar with working with pregnancy. Or just take walks! My sister walked daily while pregnant and continued the walks with the baby after. Don't worry so much about the scale. Most of all, enjoy the pregnancy and this time with the baby!
  • bluestarlight19
    bluestarlight19 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I just had a baby a few months ago myself. When I gave birth, i lost over 30lbs just from having the baby so don't worry too much. If you breastfeed also, that takes more pounds off. If you want to exercise while pregnant, especially as you get more uncomfortable the bigger you get, just do walking. I found i could walk at least a mile or 2 everyday if i took it slow. Your body is working very hard right now and needs to use a lot of nutrients just to feed the baby. I wouldn't recommend dieting or calorie restriction, just healthy eating because then the baby is also getting all the right nutrients and so will you. I found if i didn't eat right, the baby would take it from me and it would make me very tired. Also, prenatal vitamins are a must.