Ideas for breakfast

Options
gonoles9987
gonoles9987 Posts: 36 Member
edited August 2023 in Food and Nutrition
I've never been much of a breakfast person. However I'm trying to change that. I'm bored with waffles, cereal, and eggs. What are some things you eat for breakfast? I need new ideas.

Replies

• mrmota70
    mrmota70 Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Plain greek yogurt or Skyr(Fage or Siggi’s), fresh fruit(black, straw, blue berries), mango, pineapple, grapes. Usually do 4-5 oz of yogurt/skyr to 4-6 oz of fresh fruit.
  • gonoles9987
    Options
    mrmota70 wrote: »
    Plain greek yogurt or Skyr(Fage or Siggi’s), fresh fruit(black, straw, blue berries), mango, pineapple, grapes. Usually do 4-5 oz of yogurt/skyr to 4-6 oz of fresh fruit.

Thank you.
  • PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I have this for breakfast several times a week - 2 oz smoked salmon, 2 hard-boiled eggs and a large plate of chopped radishes, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Sometimes instead of the hard-boiled eggs I'll have the salmon on a keto bagel with cream cheese and capers.
  • gonoles9987
    Options
    I have this for breakfast several times a week - 2 oz smoked salmon, 2 hard-boiled eggs and a large plate of chopped radishes, cucumbers, and tomatoes. Sometimes instead of the hard-boiled eggs I'll have the salmon on a keto bagel with cream cheese and capers.

That sounds good
  • Jthanmyfitnesspal
    Jthanmyfitnesspal Posts: 3,521 Member
    Options
    The amazing oatmeal.

Instant oatmeal can be eaten hot or cold. In the summer, I usually eat it cold. Just add milk or you preferred milk-like liquid (MLL). To that you can add dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts (pepitas, walnuts, almonds, pecans, coconut), a dab of Greek yogurt, and/or honey.

I also like oats with curry powder and pepitas and 1-2 fried eggs on top (with or without shredded cheddar). Spicy and satisfying!

Hot oatmeal can be made from instant or, taking just a few minutes, rolled oats. You can add a diced apple, coconut, banana, nuts, dried fruit, etc. and it turns into so many different flavors. You can make extra and put it in the fridge to warm up in the microwave the next day.

The incredible edible oat!
  • gonoles9987
    Options
    The amazing oatmeal.

Instant oatmeal can be eaten hot or cold. In the summer, I usually eat it cold. Just add milk or you preferred milk-like liquid (MLL). To that you can add dried fruit, fresh fruit, nuts (pepitas, walnuts, almonds, pecans, coconut), a dab of Greek yogurt, and/or honey.

I also like oats with curry powder and pepitas and 1-2 fried eggs on top (with or without shredded cheddar). Spicy and satisfying!

Hot oatmeal can be made from instant or, taking just a few minutes, rolled oats. You can add a diced apple, coconut, banana, nuts, dried fruit, etc. and it turns into so many different flavors. You can make extra and put it in the fridge to warm up in the microwave the next day.

The incredible edible oat!

Thanks. All that sounds good
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Personally, why not eat whatever you want for breakfast? Want flounder fillet with bok choy and kimchi? Sure! Have a bowl of minestrone, a protein strawberry smoothie, a plate of veggies with hummus, a homemade blueberry Popsicle, tuna casserole, stuffed peppers, etc.

Breakfast is a time to eat food so find what you like and eat that. No one's watching! Make it work for you
  • justanotherjen13
    justanotherjen13 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast (never did as a kid/teen either), but my favorite is a sausage sandwich. We get reduced-fat frozen sausage patties from Costco and I'll have one of those on thin sliced sourdough bread (toasted) with a slice of cheddar cheese. I don't like eggs, but normally you would put some kind of egg on it as well.
  • gonoles9987
    Options
    Personally, why not eat whatever you want for breakfast? Want flounder fillet with bok choy and kimchi? Sure! Have a bowl of minestrone, a protein strawberry smoothie, a plate of veggies with hummus, a homemade blueberry Popsicle, tuna casserole, stuffed peppers, etc.

Breakfast is a time to eat food so find what you like and eat that. No one's watching! Make it work for you

I love this idea
  • gonoles9987
    Options
    I rarely eat breakfast (never did as a kid/teen either), but my favorite is a sausage sandwich. We get reduced-fat frozen sausage patties from Costco and I'll have one of those on thin sliced sourdough bread (toasted) with a slice of cheddar cheese. I don't like eggs, but normally you would put some kind of egg on it as well.

That sounds good too
  • westrich20940
    westrich20940 Posts: 878 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

I agree with this as I am eating cream cheese and chive crackers as part of my breakfast. I actually don't eat 'breakfast' on week/work days bc I can't be bothered to get up to prepare anything or pre-prepare it. So if I do eat something in the morning (which I do want to make an effort to do just bc I always have coffee and think it's likely better I don't consistently do that on an empty stomach) it's scavenged snack items. =D

I keep things like these peanut butter/cheese/cream cheese&chive cracker packets, smoked sausages (or other type of shelf stable meat/jerky), I might prepare some hard boiled eggs to bring, yogurt, or Larabars/Clif Bars/Protein Bars.
  • gonoles9987
    Options

I agree with this as I am eating cream cheese and chive crackers as part of my breakfast. I actually don't eat 'breakfast' on week/work days bc I can't be bothered to get up to prepare anything or pre-prepare it. So if I do eat something in the morning (which I do want to make an effort to do just bc I always have coffee and think it's likely better I don't consistently do that on an empty stomach) it's scavenged snack items. =D

I keep things like these peanut butter/cheese/cream cheese&chive cracker packets, smoked sausages (or other type of shelf stable meat/jerky), I might prepare some hard boiled eggs to bring, yogurt, or Larabars/Clif Bars/Protein Bars.

These are some great ideas too. Thank you
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,906 Member
    Options
    I just want to say, you don't need to be a breakfast person if it doesn't suit you. In fact, we used to have a lot of Intermittent Fasting threads where posters would chime in to say they just call IF "skipping breakfast."

However, if skipping breakfast has negative consequences for you, by all means, enjoy!
  • newforgood
    newforgood Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It doesn't need to be complicated. I love a simple avocado toast with just avocado, cottage cheese and tomato. Other go tos are a ham sandwich with some fruit, or cheese cubes with grapes or cherry tomatoes and crackers. Usually I'm soooo hungry in the morning I'm just grabbing what most might call a snack to get me through till I have time and energy for a proper meal.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    You can literally eat anything you want for breakfast...or nothing at all. There's nothing magic about eating a meal in the morning.
  • debtay123
    debtay123 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Options
    I usually LOVE the cottage cheese bowl with fruit and/ or nuts or the greek yogurt bowls again with light mixed fruit and nuts- always with coffee and creamer.
  • Mindarin
    Mindarin Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Man....if I wasn't a breakfast person I would intermittent fast. I know from experience that it gets me results, but it's just so miserable for me because I love breakfast!!! Haha. Love some of these suggestions you've been given! I'd also throw out there --chia pudding. Super good for your bowels and feels like you're eating dessert. I find it very filling as well.