Day 31 of P90X and MFP Calorie Tracking (W/Pictures)

Options
mcdonl
mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
Hi all... well... I started Day 1 of Phase 2 today and it was HARD... but, that is not what this post is about. One month ago, I decided to watch my calories by using MFP and exercise daily by doing P90X.... I am not in the type of shape that someone should be doing P90X, but as a Part Time FF/EMT I needed to push myself because I have had to do swift water, ice rescue and other strenuous activities and I need to be able to do it. Besides that, I want to finally lose weight and I have a looooong way to go.

Day 1 I had the following stats....

Weight - 254
Neck - 18
Waist - 45
Hips - 43

Day 31 I had the following stats....

Weight - 237.7
Neck - 17.5
Waist - 43.5
Hips - 41.5

And... despite my horror and shame here are the before and after pictures of a fat guy doing P90X.... My ultimate plan is to do it one more time before my cruise in March, and then when I return continue to do it until I am at my goal weight and by them my new lifestyle will be the only lifestyle I will know...

The hardest thing I had to do was get my picture taken NOT sucking in my gut which is something I have had to do for the last 25 years!

day31_before_after.jpg

day31_before_after3.jpg

day31_before_after2.jpg

Replies

• tkb1985
    tkb1985 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    WOW! Huge difference! Well done to you :)
  • tangerine202
    Options
    thats awesome, congrats!!
  • Papa_Swearingen
    Papa_Swearingen Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    WOW! Really great job. Don't stop, it's working!
  • TriumphNow
    TriumphNow Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Really big difference! Congratulations :)
  • caseyclementson
    Options
    Congratulations! I train for a marathon in the spring/summer and then do P90X and Insanity during the winter. My marathon is this Sunday so I'll start P90X after that - your progress just made me really excited to get started again! Keep going - you'll be amazed at your 60 and 90 day results!
  • sixpacking
    sixpacking Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    wow, GREAT JOB.....keep going because it working as it should and you have what it takes do it. CONGRATS on choosing a healthier lifestyle.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    That's a vast improvement in only a month. Congrats for your grit and determination :bigsmile:
  • mxmandani
    Options
    Awesome job! Keep it up now
  • shireengool
    shireengool Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    i am really impressed, congratulations
  • GymRatRaceRunner
    GymRatRaceRunner Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Great job! And while rockin' the Spongebob boxers no less! Keep it up!
  • iamlegion714
    iamlegion714 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    bust it brotha! good job, vast improvement indeed. keep it up, it's paying off!
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    I wanted to also do some comparison on how I used to eat so I went back to the day before I started MFP and entered what would be a typical day for me. I have always done the "low carb" thing.

Protein - 302g
    Fat - 474g
    Carbs - 74g
    Total Calories - 5806

HOLY $#^&#$^&

My worst day last week....

Protein - 87g
    Fat - 96g
    Carbs - 134g
    Total Calories - 1740

So.... yeah, Exercise helped but I think that the 3000- calories may have more to do with it....

Oh, and I have not had dairy since this started and I LOVE it... I am more regular and with the exception of the gas from the amount of fiber I eat, my digestive system says THANKS!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great results!!
  • kimiel51
    kimiel51 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    Great results!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!