One for the ladies/girls - (hormone related!)

Options
Hi beautiful ladies/girls/dolls,

I know that around the time of your period, before, during and after (nightmare or what) weight can fluctuate.

Does anyone know generally how much weight you can gain before your period is due, and does anyone know if this is affected either way good or bad, if you are on the pill?

It'd be interesting to discuss it and find out what other girls find around this time.

Many thanks and feel free to add me, I love meeting new people on here :)

xsophiedollx ♥

Replies

• carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Im not sure for me as I have recently given birth (10 weeks ago) so my cycles are not back to normal yet but I have heard a lot of people say that they do weigh as much as 5lbs more before they have their period.
  • butterflimom
    Options
    Not sure about the pill, but as far as weight gain during tom everyone is different. I can gain upwards to 8 pounds, where as some of my friends only gain 1-2 pounds. Watch you sodium and drink lots of water. It will help. The good news if a few days after your tom, things should be back to normal- it was for me :)
  • tmiqueen
    tmiqueen Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    Absolutely it can. I can gain anywhere from 2-7 lbs during that time.

The side effect listed on most birth control pills does specify that it can cause weight gain. When I was on the pill my appetite was insatiable! It's not true for everyone, but it was true for me.
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    I am not on the pill and I easily gain/lose 5lbs that week of the month.
  • jessicahelene
    jessicahelene Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am not on the pill and I easily gain/lose 5lbs that week of the month.

Ditto, but I am on the pill. Usually it is a gain of 2-3 lbs but as much as 5 is not uncommon.

Edited to add.. Usually I lose all of the gain by the last day of my period plus a little more as long as I've been good!!
  • JediMaster_intraining
    Options
    I try not to weigh myself during this time because the first few days I bloat up like a balloon. I think it's about 1-3 pounds (depending) that comes back for a few days and then disappears as my hormones go back to "normal". I'm not on the pill but I think I just learn to live with this and make sure I drink tons of water! Exercise does help with everything else (besides moodiness)!! Less cramps, lighter days, and less zits!

Hope this helps!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    I am on the pill, and can gain up to 5lbs too, I also go mental and crave sugar massively. I think that's pretty normal though. It's rubbish being a girl!
  • bms34b
    bms34b Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm on the pill, are I rarely see any gain/loss more than 3 pounds. When I started the pill, I did gain about 3 pounds. It's all in my boobs so I can't complain at all.
  • vasare
    Options
    I've been on the pill for a while and I still bloat up everytime just as I did before. I usually gain 3 to 6 pounds.. but it goes away in a couple of days.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I gain around 6lbs but it doeesn't always all come off straight away. :0(
  • NoDairy
    Options
    not on pill ever ever but its normal to gain a few lbs because of whats going on inside of us, now some gals gain weight cuz of bad choices during that time.

p.s the pill is so bad for you... its like an open door for breast cancer...be careful stay safe!
  • noneya2010
    noneya2010 Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I carry a lot of extra fluid on a daily basis, and take blood pressure pills with a diuretic every day. I have also been on and off the pill and I average anywhere from 2-4 pounds gained just before my period starts each and every month - regardless of if I"m on the pill or not. This is also factoring in that I do take a diuretic with my bp meds and I STILL gain just before!