Tired of eggs for breakfast... Need breakfast ideas.

Options
2»

Replies

• PeachHibiscus
    PeachHibiscus Posts: 163 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Creirwy wrote: »
    I hope you realize that being sick of eggs or sick of food is a hugely positive thing! It means you're not that hungry, not enslaved by some overwhelming craving, probably ready to drop some weight/loss some fat.

If I ate a chicken breast every day for dinner for 20 days and got bored with it, it doesn't mean I'm not that hungry, it means I'm sick of chicken. It's actually a situation in which I could find myself ready to gain some weight because if I don't find something tasty to replace it, I might binge until I'm satisfied.

My go-to for breakfast is smoked salmon. Somehow I haven't become sick of that yet but I'm sure that it'll eventually happen.
  • susandoll16
    susandoll16 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've found my favorite breakfast is a hamburger or leftovers, a salad & soup is second. Hope this helps.
  • lindamck6
    lindamck6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Overnight oats great as you prepare for a couple of days and loads of flavour combinations to add
  • texchanchan
    texchanchan Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    1/4 cup quick oats
    2 tbsp unsweetened peanut butter powder
    2 tbsp Splenda
    Raisins to taste or 1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa
    * Stir all together *
    * Add 1 cup water 3/4 if you don't trust me *
    * Microwave 2 minutes in large bowl, watching closely, cool at least 5 minutes probably more *
  • R_Bedard
    R_Bedard Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Protein pancakes with strawberries! Yum!
  • averys63
    averys63 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love a couple of pieces of bacon with an avocado!
  • gceinca
    gceinca Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Try hungry-girl.com. Type "breakfast" in the search bar and you will see many recipes. I love Hungrey Girl! Amazing low cal meals (many one person recipes that are very filling and delicious).

There are also hardcover Hungry Girl cookbooks. Check at your local library.

Also, you don't have to eat only breakfast foods! How about:
    - Turkey sandwich with lettuce and tomato
    - Avocado toast with over easy egg (and Everything But the Bagel
    seasoning!)
    - Leftovers from dinner
    - Vanilla Greek yogurt with a tablespoon of peanut butter mixed in
  • sis2boys2001
    sis2boys2001 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I like avocado toast with some fruit.
  • MacLowCarbing
    MacLowCarbing Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Funny, I love eggs, just not for breakfast. But basically, there are no breakfast food restrictions... eat what you like. Some people do breakfast for dinner, you can do dinner for breakfast. Or lunch for breakfast. Or brunch. Whatever satisfies you.
  • AWalters3693
    AWalters3693 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    • Oatmeal smoothie
    • Fruit/cauliflower smoothie (you cannot taste the cauliflower: https://www.eatingwell.com/recipe/265882/berry-banana-cauliflower-smoothie/)
    • Veggie hash with chicken or veggie sausage: I oven-roast sweet potato, regular potato, broccoli, onions, green or red pepper and put them into individual containers; in the morning I pan fry the sausage and reheat the vegetables and add herbs like parsley, cilantro, or Italian seasonings, depending on my taste