Help with snacking

Options
I am having trouble eating my 1200 calories. I know that I need to have healthy snacks between meals but I do not know what to eat. I am looking for snacks that have calories but do not have huge amounts of sugar or sodium. I know that sugar and sodium is unavoidable, but I am looking for snack idea's that have low to mid amounts. Any ideas?

Replies

• inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Not a problem I am having but you could try many kinds of nuts and power bars.
  • mssgirl11
    mssgirl11 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    i have the same problem. i just bought some almonds with sea salt instead of regular salt. makes for a healthy low sodium snack. and it also has potassium so that is another benefit!
  • erszike48
    Options
    anything protein is a good snack and will keep you full: 1 mozzarella stick, 1/2 cup cottage cheese, 1/2 cup plain yogurt sweetened with Truvia
  • jenocelot
    Options
    A handful of sunflower seeds with raisins. Peanut butter or almond butter on half an apple. Greek yogurt with fresh berries. I like to combine the crunch of nuts with the sweetness of fruit, and you get protein and fiber that way. And Greek yogurt is loaded with protein. Helps keep you from getting hungry. : )
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    I am having trouble eating my 1200 calories. I know that I need to have healthy snacks between meals but I do not know what to eat. I am looking for snacks that have calories but do not have huge amounts of sugar or sodium. I know that sugar and sodium is unavoidable, but I am looking for snack idea's that have low to mid amounts. Any ideas?

you don't have to have snacks in between meal, personally i don't snack to eat larger meals later in the day
  • Legalchica
    Options
    Carrots and salsa
  • dieseljay74
    Options
    I usually go with almonds or peanuts....unsalted of course.
  • MikeSEA
    MikeSEA Posts: 1,074 Member
    Options
    I like grazing throughout the day, always have. The peanut butter I buy doesn't have any added sugar so I keep under my carbs, which always seems to be a problem for me.
  • allybub
    Options
    cerial all the way for me - dry bran flakes are actually really nice i eat them like crisps.