Surgery and Healing

Options
I had surgery on the 28th of July. Didn't realize it would bother my arm to walk long distance and through of my balance. But I try to move over a 1000-1500 steps daily do what I can to keep off my butt lol. Not looking to lose during the healing process but trying not to gain weight. Air quality with wildfires in Canada stop me from doing outdoor stuff and high humidity. Been a wet summer.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,735 Member
    Options
    Trying not to lose during the acute phase of healing is a good idea. (Opinion formed because I did the opposite after surgery during weight loss . . . healed OK, but it was more fatiguing than desirable. I'm glad my body put the priority on healing, though.)

Calories and nutrition are important for good healing. You may find that your maintenance calories are a little higher than they might usually be at a similar activity level without the healing going on.

Best wishes for speedy recovery!
  • Sumandigital23
    Sumandigital23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • Sumandigital23
    Sumandigital23 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    Something like Leslie Sansome's low impact cardio videos would probably work for you. It's basically walking, high knees, low kicks, side steps and back steps to music. Or put on some favorite music and try to dance. Easily done indoors.

Did you ask your doctor about doing exercise post-surgery? I had surgery on my hand in April after an avulsion fracture and dislocation and was told not to do any exercise that would make me sweat until after the pins had been removed because he didn't want to risk infection. That was a long 6 weeks.