Got a suggestion on how to improve MyFitnessPal? Share it in this category or vote to tell us what you think of other people’s suggestions. Please be sure to review the Feature Suggestion submissions guidelines.

Feature Request for My Meals

Options
I would love a way to remove an item from My Meals. Example: I have a meal called "Oatmeal with Milk and Fruit" in my meals. I added strawberry and blueberry to that meal. I would like to remove blueberry. For now I just set the serving size to 0 and delete it after I add it to a meal in the diary.
1 votes

Active · Last Updated

Replies

• Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,291 Member
    Options
    Unless I'm missing something, you can already delete items from meals. But you need to go to Recipes, Meals and Foods directly to edit the saved meal.
    In the app: open the saved meal, tap on the three dots to edit, then tap on the pencil to select foods for deletion from that meal.
  • psimana
    psimana Posts: 3 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    Thank you. That was not intuitive. I was in edit mode and never noticed the pencil icon. I was trying to either swipe or press/hold on items. In other places you press and hold on the item to delete. App design 101, make it consistent.
  • TeresaWJ
    TeresaWJ Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    As a website-only user for over 15 years, I can tell you that you cannot "edit" a MEAL as suggested above on the website version. Perhaps this feature is available in the MFP APP, but not directly on the website version. Hey MFP Developers: Give website users this feature too!
    AND -- another improvement to editing meals would be ability to edit the NAME of a meal. Not sure if this is an option in the APP, but if not, all editing features should be made an option for ALL PLATFORMS.
  • Lizmossman
    Lizmossman Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    How do you add a My Meal into your food diary, I have saved meals but cannot see how to then add to diary on a specific day?
  • Lietchi
    Lietchi Posts: 6,291 Member
    Options
    Desktop or app? On the app, go to your diary and when you tap on 'add food' you have several tabs at the top. The tab 'My Meals' let's you choose a meal and number of servings to add to your diary.