oh man peanut butter

Options
One of my favorite problems about dieting is peanut butter oh my do i love my peanut butter. I think i may be a little bit addicted to it. This is my down fall I will cut it out totally out of my diet and binge later on it. But when I add it in it like oh man its like digging into that piece of chocolate cake that has been sitting on the table all day. So is there any healthier alternative that anyone knows of. Can you please let me know?
Thank you for all of your help .

Replies

• jbeauchamp1
    jbeauchamp1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I still allow myself peanut butter but what I do is measure out half of a serving and melt it in the microwave for about ten seconds and mix it until it is smooth. It spreads easily for me on bread, eat with a banana or to dip celery or apple slices in. This way you will not feel you have to give it up completely and still enjoy it! :smile:
  • fromaquasar
    fromaquasar Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter, every. single. day.
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Giving up peanut butter for me would be like giving up air. Not gonna happen.
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I eat peanut butter, every. single. day.

^This.

I just recently purchased some PB2 though. Can't wait to get it :D
  • DizzieLittleLifter
    DizzieLittleLifter Posts: 1,020 Member
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with peanut butter! Eat it in moderation! Enjoy it! Aim for a healthy version (one that doesn't have added salt, sugar, or oils). Trader Joes has a few, but most grocery stores have a nut bar where you can grind your own. :smile:
  • srvivr_2001
    Options

I think PB2 is awesome! I make mine with milk, my mom uses chocolate milk, the possibilities are endless!
  • alaw1119
    alaw1119 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I really want some PB 2 to throw in my smoothies! I love my natural chocolate peanut butter from whole foods but want something healthier to put in my smoothies. Is the PB 2 good?
  • shannon_stallone
    Options
    I could never give up peanut butter, I just measure it out :)
  • chrisdavey
    chrisdavey Posts: 9,834 Member
    Options
    I eat it at least once a day. Fits into your macronutrients and calorie goals then it's all good. I prefer the natural one by a mile though. "normal" tastes very processed to me.
  • barbieelmore
    Options
    tablespoon of cheez whiz on piece of dry toasted whole wheat bread might be the ticket.
  • kathied41
    Options
    I eat it every day w/o the bread. just a tablespoon n it fills me up as a snack. it is high in fat,but its the good fat. my biggest problem is mindless snacking at night and I think I have it beat at least so far. I've lost a total of 60# well as of last tues weigh in :-)
  • Kel3369
    Kel3369 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    When I met with a Registered Dietician last Friday she was all for Peanut butter as long as it was used wisely. She said I could measure out 1 Tbs and put it on a toasted slice of whole wheat bread for breakfast. It is considered a heart healthy food. Also, I just saw that "Skippy" had a peanut butter that has the DHA and Omega 3 oils that are really good for your heart in it. I think it's a great addition to a diet if done in the right quantity. Good luck! :happy:
  • leachan79
    leachan79 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a peanut butter addict as well!
    Good news is, you don't have to forgo peanut butter. In fact it's advisable to have 1 tbsp of peanut butter per day. In that case you won't feel deprived and start binging on it. I'll enjoy a spoonful of chunky peanut butter every tea time, in replace to all the cookies!

However, do make sure you choose a healthier types of peanut butter. Check the ingredients first, and see what is high on the list and what type of oil they use. Recommended is Adams 100% pure peanut butter.
    In fact, I'm now switching to a healthier choice, 100% pure almond spread, which has higher content of magnesium and potassium.

Don't worry!! Go ahead and enjoy...well, in moderation. :)
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    I'm eating PB right now...I have it every morning for breakfast!

I used to just glob it on everything, but after properly weighing it out on my food scale, I realized I was going overboard. Now it's like a nice little treat every day, eating it in actual serving sizes.

Don't ever cut out your favourite foods! Everything in moderation, otherwise you'll go crazy.
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Even though it cost more try buying the ones in the small containers. That way when you are done ..you are done. Have to tell your self that otherwise you will just keep eating it. and a little bit of it goes a long way
  • tipareth
    Options
    In our country we do not have a habit of eating peanut butter. And when for first time I tried it, I was like oh, yuck. lol

But I do have big problem with chocolate. The way I do now to restrict it - not having any chocolate in the house. I eat a 1 chocolate bar a week or so, just to not crave too much.
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I don't eat peanut butter because I cannot "not" eat the whole jar.
  • estelle74uk
    estelle74uk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    haha i am eating my 8th corn thin with lashings of peanut butter on it today. Cant help it when the jar is right beside me!!

Add another 2
  • simplyychaos
    Options
    I absolutely lovee peanut butter and probably wouldn't ever give it up. I actually eat 2tablespoons of it every day / every other day probably along with an apple (sooo delicious) I just work it into my calories for the day and make sure to measure it out.