Fallen off the wagon

Options
I have fallen off the wagon this weekend. I am so disappointed with myself...I know i need to just hop back on!
Looking for some words of wisdom.

Replies

• lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Exactly. Can't change yesterday - better concentrate on doing well today instead!
  • Pleder
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Don't be disappointed, you are not perfect! BUT YOU ARE WORKING ON IT! Keep it up, you can do this!!
  • naomirog
    naomirog Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I didn't fall off the wagon this weekend...but i did allow myself a 'treat weekend' because i have been on a really strict diet for 5 weeks and thought i'd have a break! I'm feeling a bit like you..a bit guilty about it all BUT it's too late to mope about it now, use it as motivation to do well this week!! :) Good Luck x
  • theresamommyof4
    theresamommyof4 Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    It happens to most of us :) Weekends are a tough time to stick to it... there's just too much going on. Just start back up right now, and realize that it's not all lost :)

3 weekends ago, I gained 9 lbs NINE, and lost all of that plus two more by the end of the week. This weekend, I gained 7, and I fully expect to do the same this week :) Just stick to it, and you'll be fine.
  • Kaimana94
    Kaimana94 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Go to happen now and then. Can only control the future, the past is past and can be learned from, but not changed. Get right back into it and remember the past so you don't repeat it.
  • Missmissy0003
    Missmissy0003 Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I always track/log the damage I did. It makes me less likely to do it again. try to figure out what went wrong. Did you need to cook something instead of ordering takeout. Did you go out to eat too much. Just figure out what you can do better next time. Then move on today is a new day. Get some exercise as soon as you can and drink some water.

Most importantly, log what you did. It teaches us and makes us accountable.
  • Babygirl082578
    Babygirl082578 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Very great ideas! Its Football season! Its hard to not drink and snack during the get togethers!
  • carolina_r
    carolina_r Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Try not to think of it as falling off the wagon. You had a fun weekend, indulged a bit, nothing wrong with that. As long as your regular day doesn't look like that. As the saying goes, everything in moderation, including moderation!
  • ErrataCorrige
    ErrataCorrige Posts: 649 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it, sweat it off!!!
  • lottycat
    lottycat Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    After 6 months of being on here and being pretty strict on myself, I ended up having a food-crazed week last week which I concluded last night by eating half a tub of ice-cream in some hormone fuelled madness. It happens to the best of us. I am not normally a binge eater at all, but I must have needed it because today I feel more motivated and focused than ever. Stay positive and try not to feel guilty about it. This is something you are aiming to sustain your whole life, you can't live the whole rest of your life without a treat every now and then :) x
  • APO_Katie
    APO_Katie Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Look at it this way: You can't change the past. But you can influence the present and the future by the descions that you make now and in the future.

I ate a freaking HUGGGGE bowl of ice cream with chocolate chips, coconut and peanuts on Saturday. But, on sunday, I had a good breakfast, a good lunch and a great dinner. It was a new day with new descions and I made better ones. But, If you don't allow yourself a treat once in a while, you go stinking crazy when you do. It's ok! :happy:
  • courtclerkkris
    courtclerkkris Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Great advise thus far! I say "Brush yourself off and get up and go at it again." There will always be obsticles in the way. So this time you chose to go thru it instead of around it. Just will take you a little longer to get where you are wanting to go. But the lessons you learned on that route will make you a stronger person. Now you know how easy it is to be swayed by those temptations....next time maybe you will have more strength to resist. But we all need a little treat a/k/a pick me up from time to time. But us addicts (food that is) find it hard to differentiate between little and out of control. So just back on the right track and you will continue to do good things. I know you can!
  • amfmmama
    amfmmama Posts: 1,420 Member
    Options
    Hop back on now! You may even do even better this week, because sometimes a little indulgence shakes things up. But as I know too well, and I am I am not alone that a weekend turns into a week and then 2 weeks and next thing you know... (this is where I am now... I fell of the wagon and then it backed over me!! But, here I am and I getting started all over again!)