Keep falling into the hole

Options
I’m not sure why, but I keep getting off track. I need to lose about 25 pounds and stoped going to the gym on a regular basis. Just scarfed down 4 cookies for jo reason and now feel like crud. I always feel great once I’m at the gym but have a heck of a time getting up in the morning. I’m open to any tips and ideas that have worked for others. It won’t happen overnight but would like to be well on my way by September which is when my first granddaughter is due💕💕

Replies

• plcarpenter
    plcarpenter Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Wow, I could have written the exact same post.
  • briscogun
    briscogun Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem when it comes to the gym. It's too easy for me to not go when it's out of the house, so I have to workout at home. I have a treadmill, a simple bench, some dumbbells and an over-the-door pullup bar. I'm not trying to win any body building contests soon though...

As far as your goals, look at it this way: exercise is NOT required for weight loss. You control and manage your calorie intake to lose weight, and exercise for health benefits. You can lose the 25 lbs without any focused exercise if you choose. For some people they find that even just moving more each day helps them keep focused and on track, even creating a small additional calorie burn, but lots of people lose just fine without a gym membership.

You can do it! Just take it one day at a time, one meal at a time, one decision at a time. After a while all those decisions build up into a pattern. Good luck!