anyone skip days?

Options
How about if you're sick? Think I'm getting a cold. Wanted to go but my body is saying no :(

Replies

• vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    allowing your body is recover and get well is perfectly ok. The pitfall is not letting it become a habit or finding excuses to not go.

Take a day off!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    You should try to take one day off a week anyway. I wouldn't beat myself up over 2 either. ;) Usually for me though, exercise makes me feel better unless I have a fever or something. The other day I didn't feel like doing anything so I told myself to just do level 1 of the 30DS which is pretty easy for me. As I got going with it though, I found I wanted it to be harder so I switched to heavier weights. Nothing wrong with a couple of days off though!
  • Emdog24
    Emdog24 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I take one skip day each week normally, but if there are days where I'm sick or in pain, I do allow myself another skip day - sometimes giving your body a break goes a long way to make sure you get a great workout the next day!
  • kgraham101
    kgraham101 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You need to let your body heal after exercising. That is why I only exercise 5 days a week. 1 day I like to relax with a heating pad. Of course I dont have extra calories to eat on my no work out days. My body feels better for the rest.
  • brbetha01
    brbetha01 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    It depends on what's making me feel sick... if it's allergies, I still go to the gym because it usually makes me feel better. If I am sick (i.e. fever, muscle aches, weakness, swollen/sore throat), I rest and get well since our bodies need rest to aid in recovery.
  • xAdrianax
    xAdrianax Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Of course, we are only human. Like someone else said dont let it become a habit. Make sure you know that it was for a reason whether you are ill, aching from a hard previous work out or your going out for the night and just wanna have FUN!!
    Life shouldnt be taken so serious in all areas. I skip days sometimes but the key thing is not to go overboard!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Who do you think you are? A human or something?
  • daynalee30
    Options
    I've been sick for about a week and am just starting to feel better so I haven't tracked or worked out. I think it's important to just rest and focus on feeling better before putting more stress on myself. But I'm so excited to get back into the swing of things :)
  • cheri0627
    cheri0627 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    My personal belief is that if you're sick, you should not go to the gym and spread your germs around.

If you're working out at home, that's a little different. I think you should take it easier, but if you feel up to it, you can still work out.

That said, I also think you do not need to work out every single solitary day, nor should you. Your body needs time to recover from what you've done to it. when starting out, you should work out maybe every other day, and slowly build up over time, adding more days in, but still taking at least one or two days a week off.