I need some friends on here!

Options
Hello! I am getting bariatric surgery (VSG) in September. I want to start tracking and gain support along the way. I myself, am pretty supportive.
I have used MFP in the past on and off. I have lost and gained weight throughout the past years.
I am in a happy relationship and a mom to a sweet 5 y/o.
I also want to start incorporating more exercise.
I have struggled with mental health stuff. My meds have caused a majority of my weight issues.
I am currently doing pretty well and ready for a new chapter in my life.
I am so excited for all of these positive changes...
I would love to have some buddies along the way to cross motivate.
Thank you for reading this
I hope you have a great day!

Replies

• DarlaMSmith
    DarlaMSmith Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Wow! It sounds like a great plan. Hang in there. Friends and God will see you through to your goal. As the old saying goes … you eat an elephant one bite at a time. God bless.
  • SonnieGirl444
    SonnieGirl444 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Gaining support early is a great idea . Wish I had. I had the sleeve done in 2015, lost 85lbs, then started slipping. It took 4 years to gain nearly all of it back. I began caring for my mom with Alzheimer’s in 2016, and as depression set it, the weight came back. Support with be your ally. Also, I didn’t continue seeing my surgeon. He left the practice. So , here I am again tracking. Trying to lose the weight surgery helped me lose. Take care of YOU! This will be a life changing event. Feel free to friend me. Maybe we can help each other. You sound very positive.
  • TommyGuns1204
    TommyGuns1204 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Stay positive and you sound like your on the right track. I was seriously injured at work and had two knee surgeries with one of them being a major 5 hour surgery. I was injured in 2019 and gained a ton of weight. I was almost 250lbs. I was very active before my surgery and gained my weight not being able to exercise. I have dropped close to 33 lbs.

I only tell you my story because if I can do this I know you can too! Find your center of gravity of what matters to you and focus on it. I learned during my service the body can go much farther than you think. Your mind wants to quit much quicker than your body will. Stay positive, stay strong, and don’t quit! Even on those days when your exhausted, stressed out, or short on time. Never quit!!!

Take care and God Bless!
  • 58MarianoZ
    58MarianoZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I had the sleeve done last month (July 19, 2023)...
    Best thing i could of done to help me "HEALTH WISE"...
    I had a bunch of strikes against me (regarding my health) & i wasn't going to go down because of ignorance...
    I did a 10 week WORKSHOP b4 making my decision.
    U r going to hear a bunch of PROS&CONS, B4, DURING, & AFTR...
    "REMEMBER" u r doing this procedure for u...
    My wife did not agree with my decision. I made it clear that this is in the "BEST INTEREST" for me and my health.
    I'm a NEWBIE and i am confident i made the right call for me...

I WISH U ALL THE BEST IN THE FUTURE TO COME.

Mariano
  • 58MarianoZ
    58MarianoZ Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh bye the way u can add me if u would like
  • dianefarwells
    dianefarwells Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I had a VSG done 5 years ago. It took 18 months and a LOT of hard work, but I did reach my goal after losing 103 pounds.
    Remember: surgery is a TOOL and NOT a cure! You STILL have to diet and exercise.
    Good luck!
  • jerseykar
    jerseykar Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No surgeries for me but I’m here to wish you all good health and lots of support! I will say I actually purchase a lot of high-protein items from my bariatric pal online if you haven’t checked out yet, it’s great!
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    jerseykar wrote: »
    No surgeries for me but I’m here to wish you all good health and lots of support! I will say I actually purchase a lot of high-protein items from my bariatric pal online if you haven’t checked out yet, it’s great!

Also wishing the OP good luck, and I've been buying from my bariatric pal for years.
  • megannxx
    megannxx Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm going through for bariatric surgery as well, and I'm trying to start changes early. I lost 75lbs 10 years ago, but 2 additional kids and hormones and stress, it didnt stay gone. Looking for support as well. Feel free to add.