Earliest Memory?

Options

Replies

• NewVonnie
    NewVonnie Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    I think I was right around 4. I was with my Mom at one of her friends home. Evidently this person was also a friend of my birth father. I was standing on the floor in between my moms knees as she sat in a chair behind me. He walked in to pick something up and she leaned down and whispered in my ear, " Von, sweetie, that's your dad". I remember the whisper and the words but damn..still cant see his face in my mind. And still have never met him.
  • danapounce
    Options
    You remember the day you were born? What exactly do you remember?

My earliest memory was when I was about 3,when I fell down the stairs.
  • Amandanoralynn
    Amandanoralynn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I was two and in the hospital from being bit by a poisonous spider. I had to have round the clock care. I woke up and was standing in my crib and I saw my daddy laying in a bed across from me. I was so happy to see him and I was YOU came to stay with me. He said he would be there as he was in the hospital also for something that happened to his knee. That is also when we found out I was allergic to penicillin. They almost lost me I guess from the bite and then the penicillin reaction did not help.
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    I was probably 1 or 2 but I remember my dad carrying me and my mom covering me with a blanket and leaving the house. It was snowing and they walked me to the car. That is all I remember. I have some memories from when I was 2-3 but the one I just mentioned was my earliest!
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    My earliest memory is of standing in the garden at my parents on a sunday morning. I know it was sunday because the fish man had just been and I had a big bag of prawns with the shells and heads on. He died when I was 2. I remember that day because my mother wasn't there, so my father was looking after us for the morning and it was the first time that had happened, my mother had never been away before. It was like a light switched on and suddenly I was aware. I looked at my thumb and saw I had a big sore on it from sucking it.

My mother wasn't there because it was the day my little sister was born, and I was 22 months old.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,310 Member
    Options
    Weirdly, my 4 year old still vividly remembers something that happened when he was 8 months old. Everyone says he can't possibly have been aware that young, but he has talked about it, and really does seem to remember.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I had my tonsils and adenoids removed when I was 2. I remember being in the hospital and when I first arrived back at home.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Staying in a hotel with my grandma the night my brother was born, I was 2 1/2.
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I was about 18 months old, in the crib. I was crying but nothing was wrong. I was just awake and wanted my mom. The door was ajar, and the hall light was on. She came in, picked me up, and sat on the rocking chair with me in her lap. My legs were so short! And I was only wearing a diaper. She sang my favorite song over and over - "Whenever I hear the song of a bird." I remember the sound of my voice asking her to, "sing it again, mommy." She'd chuckle and say I was just trying to stay up and not go back to bed. I have no idea how long we sat there with her singing. But I asked her many times to sing it again. I've described the room to my mom, and because of how often we moved given my father's military status, she was able to pinpoint about how old I would have been.
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    yesterday
  • ryanfeltz
    Options
    I was a little over 3 and it was the day my brother was born... sitting in the front seat of my babysitters green station wagon with my arms crossed, pouting and saying over and over " I dont want it take it back" I love my brother now though :laugh: :laugh:
  • chocolateandvodka
    chocolateandvodka Posts: 1,856 Member
    Options
    being 3 years old and the kids my mom was babysitting me putting me and another toddler in a toybox and sliding us down the stairs. i loved it.

and come to think of it, that explains quite a lot...
  • Temporalia
    Temporalia Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Movie Theater December 1982 watching ET (got released in December in Germany where I was living at that time), I was 3, going on 4.

Also, the apartment where we lived in Germany when I was 2-3.
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    about 2 yers old wearing my Wonder Woman costume for whatever reason, my only guess is that I thought I WAS Wonder Woman... Oh, and I thought i was going to grow up to marry Oscar the Grouch around 4 or 5. :laugh:
  • morganhccstudent724
    morganhccstudent724 Posts: 1,261 Member
    Options
    My sister's birth. I remember holding her and giving her right back to my mom. She was whinning even back then...
  • poisongirl1
    poisongirl1 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I remember a field of poppies being outside our balcony, and that we had a sandbox on the balcony. I also remember some time at Christmas when I got a My Little Pony playset that came with a pony and a clothing store. Oh, and sitting on the floor watching Cinderella at the neighbour's apartment above us. There's also some glimpses of what rooms looked like, but I don't know how much of that is memory or from seeing photos. I'm not sure how young I was for those times though, I just know I was 3 or younger because we moved about a month before I turned 4.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    my parents abusing me because I wanted to wear diapers again because of the new baby. I was only 2. I believe that is when the power struggles started...
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I remember playing with a toy plane or something like that in a flight to Venezuela when I was a baby... I think I may have been a year and half or closer to 2. Can't remember my age at the time.
  • findingfit23
    findingfit23 Posts: 846 Member
    Options
    I remember climbing out of my crib and walking into the living room. My mom was on the phone and had at the cord stretched from the kitchen all the way to the couch. The 20 ft cord really sticks out in my head for some reason.
  • _beachgirl_
    _beachgirl_ Posts: 3,865 Member
    Options
    What was the question again?