Trying again

Options
I've tried a lot of differnt things, and I think diet and exercise is the key. I just need support and will power to do it! That's the hardest part. I need to lose 70 pounds, it seems overwhelming, but I will try to take it day by day.

Replies

• gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    There is people on here who have lost triple! If they can do it, you can too!

I'll add you as a friend!! Welcome board!
  • Detradd
    Detradd Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need to lose about the same amount of weight as you do. It is very overwhelming! One day at a time is the best way to take things. I've lost weight before, but it seems after my third child, it just doesn't want to come off.

Good luck on your journey!
  • shannan368
    shannan368 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I love the support!
  • shannan368
    shannan368 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    LOL My third child is 18! I'm still working on it! Good Luck! I'm sure you have better will power than I do.
  • JC1459
    JC1459 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Don't try - COMMIT to it!
  • JanLeb
    JanLeb Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I need to lose about 50lbs, and I have a very hard time keeping my motivation as well. Once I start seeing results it seems a bit easier, but all the support here is a great help for sure.

I figure I can't say I am trying to get rid of the 'baby fat' anymore, since my 'baby' is 19 LOL:laugh:

Feel free to add me
  • Texas_Nana
    Texas_Nana Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Add me as support! I've lost 65 in 7 months, which seemed to go by really fast.

I'll put it like this: 6 months is coming whether you lose the weight or not...you can weigh the same as you do now, or there can be less of you...your choice.
  • cloneme_losehalf
    cloneme_losehalf Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    I want to lose double that amount and I agree with it being overwhelming. I struggle with the "I can do this" attitude. I wish I could say I have it every day but I have to push through. Thankfully there is a lot of support on this site and seeing other people posting the same struggles gives motivation and takes away the feeling of "no one understands".
  • sujiwig
    sujiwig Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I just started on August 1st and have lost 15 lbs. It has not been 'easy', but it has not been 'hard' either. It's just different :) I am not dieting, I am eating different. I am also going to the gym 5 days a way which is awesome. I go with my 22 year old son who is going into the Air Force soon. We work out together which is so cool and I am treasuring every moment.

I already feel sooo much better.

I am staying positive, making short term goals and having a great time!!

I look forward to your updates!!
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    first, get to work on your profile. this is going to be your weapon against will power letdowns. you have to be brutally honest with yourself about why you've failed in the past, what you will do differently this time, what you hate about being overweight, and what you look forward to as you become healthier.

second, don't look at the journey as an effort to lose 70 pounds. make it about living a healthier life...that's someone you can succeed at EVERY DAY...and, as you succeed in living a healthier life, the weight will come off. I started in January with roughly 70something pounds to lose. I've lost roughly 55 pounds so far. Some weeks and months I have lost more than others, but overall I have lived a healthier life...and I feel a ton better for it every day. I know I will reach my goal. I know you will reach your goal if you live a healthy lifestyle. you have to believe that you can do it. doing the first step I listed will help you.

finally, losing 70 pounds may seem daunting...but it only becomes more daunting if you hold off a change. I'm pretty sure if I didn't start a healthy lifestyle in January, then by now, I would have had more than 70something pounds to lose....or, I would have still been the same overweight, fatigued, couch potato that I was in January. I was ready for change and I accepted that change would take time.