New here

Options
Hi, my name is Angela. A little backstory about me.. I am 43 years old and have been struggling with my weight for most of my life. When I was much younger, I frequented gyms a lot and was pretty athletic. I fell into a lot of issues where I would use food along with other things as a crutch. I was at one time dual-diagnosed as having bipolar and addiction disorders. I made it a point to battle my other addictions (drinking, gambling, etc.) through 12-step programs and taking the suggestions of anyone who'd been through what I'd been through and listening to what had worked for them. However, often times I would find that I would just replace one addiction with another, which contributed to the continuation of my food addiction. I did manage about four and a half years ago to lose over 80lbs on the ketogenic diet, and congrats to anyone who is finding long-term success with it, but I gained all of the weight back. I also exercised somewhat frequently and want to do that again, but I have myasthenia gravis and so that can prove to be a bit trying at times. Anyway my goal is to look better, feel better, improve my mobility for both my job performance and otherwise. I am also here to support anyone else who is looking for that support.

Replies

• QueenOfCupz
    QueenOfCupz Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Jamie! I can really relate to your post. I'm new here as well and also struggle with Bipolar Disorder and addictions. I also lost 103lbs on keto and gained most of it back after I got pregnant. It's been 5 years since I had my daughter and I'm finally getting back on track, but this time I'm just counting calories because I feel that it's more sustainable long term. Good luck on your journey! You can do it!!

Also, for some reason I can't seem to add friends on here, otherwise I would add you 😕