Frequency of Weighing

Options
I know youre really not supposed to, but im one of those people that weighs themselves every day or every other day. I dont record that as my weight, I just like to make sure im on track and not gaining anything. How often should I record the weight though? For example, I recorded my weight five days ago, and I lost a pound and a half. Should I record it now? Can I? Or should it be something like once a week?

Replies

• OliveJuice821
    Options
    I weigh in, or try to, every week or so. Sometimes I record every 5 days, depends on if I remember to weigh myself before breakfast or not lol! I think weighing in every 5-7 days is fine ^_^ I weigh myself just as frequently as you do, and I haven't fallen victim to the whole obsessing-to-lose-weight thing like a lot of people seem to do. I do it the same reason you do, to just make sure I'm not gaining, at least. Seeing another pound lost is just a perk lol
  • jilliankristina
    Options
    "They say" weight in once a week but I also find myself wanting to see if I am losing or gaining on a more obsessive level haha... But I say once a week becuase our weight fluctuates from water, salt etc.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself twice a week. If I watch the scale too closely I swear it goes up...
  • MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    I've been weighing myself daily for as long as I can remember. The only time I didn't was right before I started this "journey" and I was in complete denial about how bad things were getting.

I think as long as you have a healthy attitude about it and know that fluctuations happen for various reasons so it doesn't freak you out if you go up half a pound or even 3 pounds.

As far as when to track it, for me it depends. Because of the fluctuations, I usually only log a loss after I've seen the same weight two days in a row. But honestly, after a 3 week plateau ended a couple weeks ago, I logged that loss immediately!
  • kkova811
    kkova811 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    See, I weighed myself and saw that it had fluctuated up. Now I know it was probably water bloat, but it encouraged me to eat really healthy for the next few days, which I think helped me in the long run. Now im down two pounds. =)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    I don't know that there are any "rules for weighing". Personally, I weigh myself anytime I'm near a scale. I only log if I lose, whenever I lose, and never if I gain.
  • Kikilicious84
    Options
    I weigh everyday...but I log once a week.. I may start loggin it daily b/c I noticed that the site just copies over the weight each day until you at a new one.

:noway:
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I try to do it less often, but I find myself weighing in almost daily! It's like a bad habit I can't break..oh well, I like to see where I'm at, but I do keep in mind that fluctuations are common and ok.
  • anvacarz
    Options
    I weight multiple times per day but don't take too much to heart. I understand the fluctuations and use it as you do- to gauge my eating habits (salt intake, etc). I record after the weight has been consistent for a couple of days or gone down. Usually works out to about every 5-7 days.
  • rockstarginaa
    rockstarginaa Posts: 1,529 Member
    Options
    I weight multiple times a week, sometimes multiple times a day. I only record it when I see the same number 2 times in a row.