Eat more to lose weight????

Options
I got to a sort of plateau I think.

I was doing 1600 calories a day to try to lose 1/2 a lb a week and I felt I should maybe push it to trying to lose 1 whole lb a week. So the app increased my calorie goal to 1650 per day

Does that sound right? I was having a hard time getting the 1600 calories without resorting to junk food

Replies

• musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,124 Member
    Options
    No, that's not the way it works. If you have it set to lose .5 lb and you want to lose 1 lb, you need to reduce your calories by 250 calories more. I don't know why it would have given you more calories unless you changed something else.
  • LisaSap1
    LisaSap1 Posts: 4 Member
    edited August 2023
    Options
    You are right. I changed it from not very active to lightly active and that was what made it come out so weird

I changed it back to not very active and now I have a goal of 1420 which makes more sense

Thanks musicfan68
  • tomcustombuilder
    tomcustombuilder Posts: 1,610 Member
    Options
    Taking in more calories will not result in improved Fatloss.
  • kathycurry90
    kathycurry90 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If you are active then you need more calories to support the workouts which is why calories increased.

Fat loss is different to weight loss as your body shape might change but the weight on scale hasn’t changed . This doesn’t mean that there isn’t progress