Carbs

How many Carbs do you average in anyone day and if it's quite high are you still losing weight? some say it's all about the calories and others the carbs...Thanks :)

Replies

• AlyRoseNYC
    AlyRoseNYC Posts: 1,075 Member
    I probably get between 20-50 net carbs per day. I lose about 1-2 pounds per week.
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    I average between 150 grams (non-workout days, which really just one day lol) to 230 grams (workout days) per day, I'm set to lose 1/2 lb per week and I'm losing about 0.5-0.75 lbs per week.
  • MsMouseMouse
    MsMouseMouse Posts: 92 Member
    I gain when I eat a lot of bad carbs.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    My last 6 days have been 160, 170, 160, 160, 160, 213. Without exercise my daily "goal" or "limit" tells me 232. It's not something i look at tbh. I just keep my calories in check, and it's working for me :)
  • DEEDLYNN
    DEEDLYNN Posts: 235 Member
    For me...they both count. I have to count calories, but I keep my carbs "under control". I try very hard not to eat processed carbs and stick to "eating clean". I don't eliminate fruit and veggie carbs, but I do try to stay away from starchier veggies.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    I'm keeping to about 80-90 grams of carbs per day. I can't seem to lose weight if I eat more than 150 grams per day. Plus the more carbs I eat, the more I want.
  • Sarahnats
    Sarahnats Posts: 69 Member
    Thanks guys, some great answers...iv'e tried the really low carb but i just can't do it lol, but i am trying to keep to about 150/170 a day, hopefully wil start losing again soon :)
  • kendernau
    kendernau Posts: 155 Member
    For me...they both count. I have to count calories, but I keep my carbs "under control". I try very hard not to eat processed carbs and stick to "eating clean". I don't eliminate fruit and veggie carbs, but I do try to stay away from starchier veggies.

^^^^
    It really is about the calories, but it is hard to stay under the calorie count if you are eating "bad" carbs (i.e. junk food, etc). I have reduced my carb limits from what MFP recommends, but only a little - and I don't stress too much if I go over, as long as I know I am eating balanced.

I was on a low carb diet, and I was still gaining weight (albeit slower than before), even though I was trying to take what I thought were healthy portions, and meet the protein goals for that diet. I am now on a balanced diet (including carbs), and losing weight consistently because I am watching the calories.

I had to stop the low carb diet because the protein sources I was using (particularly red meats), combined with the total sodium in the diet was driving my blood pressure up - went from a normal blood pressure (right around 120/80) to a high of 159/98 before I quit that diet (genetics didn't help either).
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    I gain when I eat a lot of bad carbs.

It's cause you are either:

- Going over your daily calorie intake (above your TDEE).
    - Not drinking enough water.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    I had to run a report to see my average, but over the past 30 days I've averaged 160 g of carbs per day. The lowest was just under 100 and the high was about 260. I met my goal, which was to fit into a specific pair of jeans rather than a wieght in May. Most of that time I was not logging anything. Since then I've lost an additional 11 lbs. and those jeans I was so happy to be in are getting a little loose.

I don't eat much sugar, bread or pasta though and very, very rarely eat white bread or pasta. Most of my carbs come from vegetables, fruit and whole grains like brown or wild rice, quinoa and rolled oats.
  • Troll
    Troll Posts: 922 Member
    i get about 1 to 1.5 g per pound of bodyweight most days(thats about 110 g), but have gotten as low as 30 g and as high as 270 g and it doesnt really affect my weight. When its low for days at a time, i do notice my strength decreases and i cant lift heavy. However, i do need to point out that i am at my ideal weight so its probably not the same for people wanting to lose or gain.