Snack attack!!!

Options
Been trying to figure out the snacks in between meals. Does anyone have any suggestions of healthy snacks to eat throughout the day? Simple yet quick and effective things to make, do or buy to take on the road that will help keep me full longer.

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,523 Member
    Options
    Beef jerky for the win.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 35+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Corina1143
    Corina1143 Posts: 2,920 Member
    Options
    Was gonna say beef jerky and a fruit. Or nuts or string cheese or a hard boiled egg and fruit.
  • salvadorsernas13
    salvadorsernas13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Nicee thank you😁, will definitely be getting the jerky and string cheese, im glad none of yall said about the overnight oatmeal cups cz im just too sick of oatmeal already😆
  • MovinNow
    MovinNow Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    An apple cut into slices with one Tablespoon nut butter (peanut or almond)
  • no1racefan2
    no1racefan2 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Celery sticks w/ peanut butter; cocoa-dusted almonds (I buy these in 100-cal packs or else I'll eat way too many); hard-boiled egg; popcorn if I'm really craving chips; greek yogurt cup; handful of pepperoni (if you have time you can bake these until they get crunchy, yummm)

Fruit is my go-to snack. Mandarin oranges, peaches, cherries...all the fruit!
  • salvadorsernas13
    salvadorsernas13 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hell yea thank you, that's a good variety of snacks to add to my list so I won't get tired of the same ol things, I like fruit also but it's just annoying to me cz it goes bad quick and hard to peele anything or not get all dirty while driving😅
  • LenGray
    LenGray Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    This past week, I made up some small sugar-free walnut peanut butter cookies and have been snacking on them, which has been really nice and filling. Some other things I usually do are chopped fruit, air-popped popcorn, tortilla chips and salsa, trail mix/granola, or mini quesadillas with beans, hummus, 1-2 low-calorie veggies, and nutritional yeast.
  • gentlygently
    gentlygently Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    I keep a small tub of mixed seeds and dried fruits and nuts in my work bag - for an energy boost between clients etc. I vary the seeds, change around the dried fruits and nuts to keep it fresh. Most recently I have added roasted whole nuts - I had not realised how much nicer they are roasted, nice discovery!. You can do your own in the oven easily…
  • drv123
    drv123 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    A banana is my go to, it'll fill you up enough and doesn't need to be refrigerated so it's pretty simple.
  • ebonyroche
    ebonyroche Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with ranch seasoning, so good 😋
  • COGypsy
    COGypsy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I like carrot chips (carrots sliced on the bias with a wave edge mandolin) with some kind of dip. Whatever looks good at the store, I like to change it up.
  • SoCalSwimmerDude
    SoCalSwimmerDude Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    ebonyroche wrote: »
    Cottage cheese with ranch seasoning, so good 😋

9lcj43ov2ntg.gif
  • zgorleku20
    zgorleku20 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Grapes….great snack food. One cup of grapes is only 100 cal and they have high water content - make you feel fuller.
  • Seahag
    Seahag Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Spinach dip w/reduced fat wheat thins. Make dip w/reduced fat cream cheese and lower fat Best Foods mayo (the jar with the blue lid). Delicious and full of veggies. So good!
  • ddsb1111
    ddsb1111 Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs with a little salt. If I have 2 I’m satisfied for a very long time. Cheap, easy, delicious.
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Low fat mozzarella cheese stick or turkey sticks by Chomps. High in protein, low in calories.
  • history_grrrl
    history_grrrl Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I had about 80 calories left last night and went with a deviled egg (slice a hard boiled egg in half lengthwise, mix yolks with 1 tsp half-fat mayo, add mixture back to whites, eat). Or a bit of deli turkey or roast beef wrapped in a part-skim cheese slice, or a few salted, roasted cashews (6 to be exact; they are 9 g) and a 1/4 square of Baker’s 70% chocolate.
  • benhmorris63
    benhmorris63 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese with tomatoes or fruit, Greek yogurt, mixed nuts, Chomps meat sticks, boiled eggs, Owyn or Jocko protein drink, Starkist or Bumblebee flavored tuna pouches, Rxbars, fruit of any kind.
  • Egotrapped
    Egotrapped Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am a snack or for sure. I’ve been eating frozen blueberries. I keep string cheese on hand. I Make my yogurt special by putting fresh fruit in it or a 100 cal package of nuts and cranberries.