Cysters -- what worked for you?

Options
I see plenty of PCOS "support groups" but noone seems to have a thread on what worked to loose the weight and keep it off. Granted, I know I've slipped up in the past little bit when I was sick and all, but I can't seem to loose more than 5 pounds.

Someone tell me, what worked?

Do i really have to cut out all carbs? Is it protein? I'm dying here, what is it.

Replies

• smiley01x
    smiley01x Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I wanna know too!!! I keep losing and gaining the same 10 pounds!! My dr just gave me metformin. I have only been on it for a week and I am hoping it helps. I don't know what else to do :ohwell:
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    I plateaued at 30lbs. I think the initial weight lost was mostly from shock to my system. Until that plateau I ate lots of whole grain breads, granola bars, wheat crackers etc. I switched thoses snacks for more cheese, fruit and veggies and it started falling off again. I really think watching carbs is the big one with us cysters!
  • salmat77
    salmat77 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hi, I just basically eat the calories my nutritionist set for me and work out everyday (cardio, mostly walking or doing the recumbent bike) and I have successfully lost 17lbs. Granted it doesn't come off as fast for me but it's a loss and I am happy with it. I don't miss a walk or bike and this week I hope to introduce some strength training. It's hard for us but doable, there have been a ton of woment that have lost the weight with PCOS, so search some threads and send them a PM.

Good luck to you!
  • SephirothsChild15
    Options
    bump
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I'm a thin cyster,
    I've tried dropping pounds in the past with a low gi diet, or this change, or that change, and always ended up weighing more than when I started out. now I use meal replacement shakes twice a day, take my Metformin, and stay under the 1200 calories a day, I also only eat whole grains, and low sugar content, no liquid other than water, and no snack foods. I've uped my protein intake and fiber (helps with the metformin side effects) :blushing: You can find lots of PCOS support sites, and local support groups. they're great for sharing success stories and weight loss ideas and recipes. My local group is on facebook, we give each other reviews on local food,
  • SephirothsChild15
    Options
    Bump