Ww

Options
I lost weight a long time ago on WW…40 years. I thought on line meetings would help, but not so much.
The point system was giving me too much freedom.
Any suggestions???

Replies

• 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,491 Member
    Options
    I lost about 35 lbs on WW in 2006 and never gained it back. WW is really just calorie counting dressed up for copyright protection. What do you mean by to much freedom? What happened? Were you staying within your numbers? Were you losing anything at all? If you weren’t losing, cut a couple of points and keep going. Yeah, I know, nobody wants a cut. but if you aren’t losing, that’s the answer.
  • nsk1951
    nsk1951 Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    Almost any weight loss program will work if you can stick with it's plan.
    There are no magical or sure-fire approaches ... and no one-size-fits all.
    Have you thought about what it is in your lifestyle, health, or behavior that has led to weight gain?
    How about the things you have attempted to change or learn that might help you drop those habits that hold you hostage from losing weight?

It takes time to learn about yourself and to lose weight. Slower is usually more sustainable than charging in 'gung-ho' and making a lot of changes all at once.

Good luck.
  • gerrielips
    gerrielips Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I get better control if I watch my portions by measuring them out and tracking. Also, I use the diabetic plan which limits the zero pt foods but gives me more points . Note: I’m not a diabetic although I have insulin resistance & take metformin. If you go to mtgs, talk with your leader.
  • bsteen9999
    bsteen9999 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Currently on WW but wanted to track the good ole fashioned way too so I can watch my macros. Doing good so far, in no hurry to lose, slow and steady is good enough for me.