Taking progress pics?

Options
How often is veryone taking progress pics? I am doing one once a month (in the same outfit for as long as it fits still)

Replies

• Peque1130deleted
    Options
    I took the first set a week after I started on here.Then today I took a second set. I will be starting Tae Bo, 30DS and Butt Bible, so I wont take another set until I am done with these...
  • fitinprogress
    Options
    I wanted to do it each month, but I ended up holding off until I hit a certain weight. (50 for me.) I probably should have taken more pictures in between, but I went with what I felt was comfortable. I'll swap over to monthly or bi-monthly soon perhaps. :)
  • Peanut1026
    Options
    i don't have any lol, i'm just going to wait until somebody says....wow looks like you've lost weight..lol!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,023 Member
    Options
    I think once a month is great, I have done it at 15 lbs lost, 25 lbs lost, 50 lbs lost , 65 lbs lost and 85 lbs lost next pic will be at 100 lbs lost.........
  • AdAstra47
    AdAstra47 Posts: 823 Member
    Options
    I think that's a great idea! Great motivator. And for future bragging rights, wouldn't it be awesome to put together a slideshow of all those pics, big to small, have them morph into each other, and just watch your fat melt away? :love: As for how often, I'd say it depends on how fast you lose. Maybe take a new pic for every 10 lbs lost?

I live alone so it's difficult to get pics. I am NOT a photographer at all... Kodak disposable cameras have been known to stump me... I've tried taking pics of myself in the mirror, but they end up with weird flash spots, or blurry... sigh. Anyone have any suggestions?
  • j3nic3
    j3nic3 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Every 30 days. :-D
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    I do it once a month. :)
  • cowboydan43
    cowboydan43 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    I was going to do it every 10 pounds but now that I've lost 11 I still feel like it's too soon. I'll probably do it once I've lost a total of 25 pounds then every 10 pounds from there on. I won't post a topic with my pics until I reach my goal weight though.
  • Dabbles
    Dabbles Posts: 367
    Options
    I did it before and after 30 DS. But even then and now, I'll take pics when I need encouragement. Usually I don't feel "much" of a difference, maybe looser pants. So I take pics and usually bigger changes is evident in the pictures. I'm thinking of taking them again later this week.
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    every ten pounds!
  • Sklahsen
    Sklahsen Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I took pictures a few weeks ago, and will take them once a month from here on out. I have a little dress in my closet that my husband loves that i haven't been able to wear for 4 years. (I am glad I held on to it!) So I am taking progress pictures in it until it fits..and maybe even gets to be too big, we will see!
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I hate pics of myself so I haven't been. I did take one after I lost my first 100+ lbs. I wanted to show what I looked like after getting rid of my diabetes. I didn't take anymore until I got to about my 1/2 way point to my goal weight. I probably will do a once a month thing. if I remember. lol
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    I took one when I started 4 weeks ago and 1 today. When hubby gets out of the shower, I am going to test him and see if he knows which is which ;-)

I am going to be taking one a month. I have always been an inches loss over weight loss kinda girl, so it's important for me to be able to see the difference in pics and in clothes, as opposed to ONLY the scale.
  • Kellxxor
    Options
    I'm too embarrassed of what I look like to take pictures. :(
    Does it help you guys to look back and see them (would it be worth it for me)?
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I haven't taken any but I did see a pic my hubs took of me this weekend and I didn't have my usual revulsion and immediate need to delete it from the camera! That's progress I suppose!!
  • spicypepper
    spicypepper Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I take mine with ever 10 lbs lost. Right now I've got before and then 10, 20, 30, & 40. I also have in-between shots like when I go down a pant/dress size or when people comment that I am looking good.
  • allie864
    Options
    I haven't taken any but I did see a pic my hubs took of me this weekend and I didn't have my usual revulsion and immediate need to delete it from the camera! That's progress I suppose!!

haha, I know exactly what you mean. I counted that as progress, too :)
  • blarics11
    Options
    I'm too embarrassed of what I look like to take pictures. :(
    Does it help you guys to look back and see them (would it be worth it for me)?

I think it is important because you see yourself everyday durring your weight loss journey so you might not see the difference

but if you have pictures to compare it to then it will be undeniable :)
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    daily..........but i am a weirdo
  • Kristina0202
    Kristina0202 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I took one at 25 lbs and one at 40. I'll probably take another once I hit 60.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!